This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice Compliment from an old boss :)

This made me smile and feel proud, lol. We had a crazy day at my restaurant and we knew it was going to be crazy so managers from other stores of the same franchise came and helped us out, including my old boss. He used to run my store but was assigned to run a different store about 6 months into my employment. He was going over our daily sales so far and asked what our last years sales were (at the end of the day the daily sales are always compared to last years sales on that date.) I told him it was probably something like $1600 to $1800. Now he runs a MUCH busier store and says "Really? You guys are that slow?"
    Me: You used to run this store. You don't remember us being that slow?
    Old Boss: It used to be better than that. Then <other previous boss> came in.
    Me: Oh, so you're blaming it on <previous boss>? Ha ha.
    Old Boss: No I'm blaming it on the fact they didn't put you in one of those shirts three years ago (Referring to the fact that I am now a manager)

I had nothing to say, I thought it was so nice, I just smiled.

More happy news. I showed my current boss how I wanted to paint our restaurant's lobby and he really liked it. He wants me to finish up my artwork so he can send it off to our District Manager and the franchise's Vice President to see if we can get permission to do it. Yay Wish I could show off my artwork but the design I'm basing my art off of is owned by our restaurant's parent company. Don't want to get in trouble : P
Working...
X