This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Got Great News Today!

I'm so excited, guys! I got a promotion! I know, I know, I said I was leaving the C-Store, but I'd be a fool to turn this down. They want me to transfer to the smaller store in the town that conjoins the one I currently work in, to be the assistant manager there! My manager literally sprang this one me this afternoon at work! At first, I felt almost pushed into it, but, upon thinking about it, this really is a good opportunity for me. Sure, it's a smaller store, but that also means it won't be as stressful, either. They don't do pizzas or most kitchen stuff, so I don't have to learn any of that stuff. Also, they have someone come in at night just to clean! I'm not naive enough to think this will be all rainbows & butterflies, but I think it will be good for me. I tried a few years ago for assistant at the store I'm at now, and didn't get it. Now, as I come upon my tenth year at the C-Store, I get this amazing opportunity dropped into my lap. It'll be hard leaving "my" store, for sure, but it'll be worth it in the end. I start training under my manager at my current store next week, and after that, the job at the other store is mine if I want it. Ahh! I can't believe this! I must be dreaming!
    "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Congrats!!

Comment

Yay for you! I hope you have less SC stories. I can relate to you because your sucktomers are a lot like mine. Here's to less stress!
      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Aww, thanks guys! Food Lady, that means a lot to me. Yes, let's hope less sucktomers!

Comment

Congratulations. May you find joy in this step up in your career.
          Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Congratulations!
            Ne auderis delere orbem rigidum meum! - Don't you dare erase my hard disk!

This is Tech Support, not Customer Service.
            What's the difference?
            We're allowed to tell you "no".

Comment

Thanks, Kristev and Rose!

Comment

Good for you!

I agree, a smaller store and a cleaner would be a godsend for you.
                You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Working...
                X