This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new job is awesome :)

I recently got a new job as a part time receptionist at a local drug/alcohol rehab center. The campus is gorgeous. I have not yet met a staff member who isn't nice. (though, some I was warned about on how to stay on their good side)

I met the CEO/President on my first day of work. I've been in a corporate retail system for most of my working years, so just that floored me.

When one of the guys found out I didn't know how to enter info for direct deposit (now since fixed), he showed me where to go to enter the info in - both on the center's intranet and how to access it at home.

My new boos? Is amazing. My first day of work, she told me she wanted to try to get me 16hours/week instead of 12 so I could qualify for benefits, because she remembered me mentioning wanting benefits for my fiancee and I. She gave me 2 weeks of full time hours for training, and earlier this week she had a family emergency - when she wrote an email to the person training me, she mentioned me by name to say hi and to check if I had gotten email access yet!

I'm still working my retail job with this (I can fit both in, so I might as well...) - I did the math out of curiosity once, and my first paycheck will be about 3.5 months of pay at retail job.

There are annoying & saddening parts of the job - since its reception, I am the one who has to explain to confused/angry/scared family members that I can not confirm nor deny a person's existence at the facility. Anyone who checks in has to sign in at the front desk, so when I've been here long "enough" I will start to notice repeat guests.

But, even with all that, I am loving this new job. Oh! And!! My ID Badge opens doors!

I'm happy for you.
    Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Working...
    X