Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's got two thumbs and graduated from college yesterday?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who's got two thumbs and graduated from college yesterday?

I started college in the fall of 2004. For various reasons (sickness, classes that I had to retake, etc), I ended up being in school for a bit longer than I would've preferred. Long enough to see the old student center torn down and a new one built, long enough to see the business department get a new building and the rec center remodeled, and long enough to witness the school upgrade from a college to a university.

Yesterday, though, at 8:30 AM, I finally graduated with a Bachelor's degree in Computer Information Systems. I didn't cry during the ceremony, which surprised the heck out of everybody. At the after-party that the department threw for the business and CIS students who graduated, though, I cried quite a bit saying goodbye to my advisor and my professor from my last class.

So I'm sad, happy, and very tired all at the same time. It was all worth it, though. All the exams, all the medical problems, all the retaken classes, all the professors that I've butted heads with. Completely and totally worth it to be able to finally say that I am officially a college graduate.
    "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

Congrats!
    Ne auderis delere orbem rigidum meum! - Don't you dare erase my hard disk!

This is Tech Support, not Customer Service.
    What's the difference?
    We're allowed to tell you "no".

Comment

Quoth rose_metal_nz View Post
      Congrats!
      Thanks!
      "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

Comment

Quoth firecat88 View Post
        ... I am officially a college graduate.
        ... Do you have tattooed fill lines up your side calibrating your boozahol fill level?

Oh... Congratulations!
        I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
        Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
        Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
          ... Do you have tattooed fill lines up your side calibrating your boozahol fill level?
          XD Yeah right. You're talking to the girl who gets sleepy after two sips of champagne.

Comment

Working...
          X