This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• job interview next week

Just wanted to share that I have a job interview next week - it's for a circulation desk position down at the main library. I'd be taking a small cut in pay and hours, and would be a big change in many ways, but I've been wanting a promotion for a long time and am hoping to get at least one of the positions. (they have several open, plus a few more when hours expand later this summer)

The only thing I'm a bit nervous about is the interview......it's been several years since I've done one, and so I'm trying to anticipate what questions I might be asked so I can be ready with answers.

I would feel the same way; I haven't interviewed in several years.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Congratulations and good luck!

Off the top of my head, I'm thinking you might hear "Why do you want this position?" and "What can you bring to it?" They might ask some job-specific questions as well ... and possibly something about dealing with angry customers.

Comment

A big one seems to be, 'tell me about a time you went above and beyond for a customer. what was the outcome, etc'

Be thinking on that one, perhaps.
        "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Working...
        X