X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surprise, and a bonus!

The good news comes in two parts:

First, the surprise: I finished my Bachelor's in March, and I decided to walk for Graduation - I didn't need to, but I wanted to celebrate and show a good example to my kids. I am happy that I did, because...

I was given the Academic Achievement award for Technology!

Surprised, because they don't announce the recipients until up on stage, and I knew of several equally deserving graduates. I am so excited still...

The bonus: I have an new job! Starting this past week, I've been working for a local school district preparing/improving wireless access. I'm aching from all of that wire stringing for wireless access points...

Starting next month, I'll be moved to another district and work as desktop support. What's so great about this is that for one section, I'll be assembling a school network from scratch! Server, switches, wireless access, wiring of the building...It'll be a great experience for me to apply what I've only done through classwork and labs.

It's a great learning experience, and I'll be able to move up either in the district or in another position outside of the district. Finally, things are starting to look up!

in both cases. It's so nice to get notice for your hard work!

Comment

on your graduation, your surprise award and your new job (or is that "jobs," LOL?)

Good to hear things are getting better!

Comment

Quoth Pixilated View Post
        on your graduation, your surprise award and your new job (or is that "jobs," LOL?)
        From what I just found out, it might be jobs. Can't share any details at the moment, but I might have to work at 2 districts for awhile.

I forgot another thing at Graduation that I thought was the greatest - They started the procession for degrees, and I'm watching before and after I receive mine.

Background: My previous job was a work-study position as a math/computer tutor at the college.

As I'm watching, I'm noticing quite a number of students that I've helped either with the computer lab or with tutoring, and that's when it hits me. It's an incredible feeling seeing the people that you've helped along the way rewarded for the work that they put in.

Comment

Working...
        X