This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Midnight Shenanigans

Heard this second hand, but its no less funny!! I just 'bout peed my pants.

So, woman comes in to the ER by ambulance. Shes pretty damn drunk and had fallen. After a battery of tests, it was determined she was just drunk and not injured and so she was left to sleep it off. With her alcohol level, it was determined that she would reach "technical" sobriety @ approx 0630 and could go home around then.

Apparently, her husband shows up around 0100 after he was called by the hospital to inform him of her status. He's also been drinking, but he came with a ride so at least he wasn't driving. He walks to the front and inquires after his wife. After confirming who he is, he's given a mini update "Shes ok, shes just sleeping etc" and told he can return around 0630 to come and get her to go home. He agrees and leaves.

He comes back. But its only 0330. He strolls up to the front desk, drunker than before, and DEMANDS to see his wife. After being told she is still asleep, she's safe and basically that he's drunk and unable to be on hospital property, this guy freaks out. He's told to leave and absolutely refuses. Getting louder and closer to the staff at the front desk. He's also on a cellphone half talking to another person on the phone and half to the staff. Hes yelling into the phone and also yelling at the staff.

Now, in our waiting room , there is a front desk that holds a registration employee and a registered nurse. But directly across from this desk is another desk. This desk holds 2 security guards. they see him getting otr of hand and rise (one of these guards is a 5'3" woman, but DAMN SHE'S SCARY!!!) and walk over.

These security guards start getting their leather gloves on while telling him he needs to go. He refuses. Saying he's on public property and we are holding his wife hostage and he needs to see her. (Hospital is not public property, btw)

This conversation goes on for about 2 minutes, getting louder and louder when one of the security guards starts a countdown. "Ill give you til 10 and then we are taking you down. We've asked you to leave and you're not complying with our request. 10...9....8... " At this time, back up had been called for and a few more security guards were starting to come into the lobby.

Guys sees them and starts screaming "You cant touch me, you cant touch me!This is public property. Blargh!!.." Turns to his cellphone. "Mom!! Mom!! Help me! Call the cops. There's more, there's more!!!"

At this point, the security guard had reached one... And it was on.

They jumped him, had a tussle and took him down. They handcuffed him and the guy is screaming the entire time "You didn't get to one. I DIDN'T HEAR A ONE!!!".

Meanwhile, the rest of the staff up front, see and hear what's happening and once he's all cuffed up and settled, well, they completely lost it and couldn't stop laughing.

Cops showed up within minutes and hauled his ass away. Needless to say, he was unavailable at 0630 to pick up his wife.

Sorry I missed it.

I almost violated rule #1
    No trees were killed in the posting of this message.

However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Comment

Quoth BeeMused View Post
      I almost violated rule #
      You didn't get to one. I DIDN'T SEE A ONE!!!

Note the missing character after the "#" sign.
      Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Mom! Mom! Call the police, they are violating my posts!!!!!!!

Comment

Quoth BeeMused View Post
          Mom! Mom! Call the police, they are violating my posts!!!!!!!
          Not a violation. Just pr0nishment.
          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Butbutbut... waaaaaaaah People are mean to me on teh interwebs!
            Call me a waaaaambulance, quick!

Comment

Too damn funny!

Makes me miss working in the ER. Good times, good times . . . .
              They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

I've only been in triage for a few weeks now, but hot damn, am I enjoying it. IF I had been working that night, I would have been out there and a witness to said events.

Also, our security is (mostly) awesome and one of the guards made me a pie for my birthday!!

Comment

Working...
                X