This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flu season

Flu season is here. Last week, I came down with a sore throat, and now it's evolved in to an intermittent cough and congestion in my nose. I drink lots of water and rest, so I hope I'll be well enough to get my flu shot soon.

How about you? Are you feeling OK or under the weather, like myself?

The Fratching version of this thread is here. That's where we can talk about the politics of flu shots.
    cindybubbles (👧 ❤️ 🎂 )

Enter Cindyland here!

You're going to hate me, but I NEVER get viruses. I get seasonal allergies and occasionally food poisoning, but never colds, flus, etc. My theory is that with all the allergy-induced snot, germs can't get in. (JK; I know that's impossible.) I have zero explanation, but no sickness for at least 3 years now. Maybe I'm just a carrier.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
      You're going to hate me, but I NEVER get viruses. I get seasonal allergies and occasionally food poisoning, but never colds, flus, etc. My theory is that with all the allergy-induced snot, germs can't get in. (JK; I know that's impossible.) I have zero explanation, but no sickness for at least 3 years now. Maybe I'm just a carrier.
      I'm the same way, only I haven't been sick, even with a cold, in close to 8 years, and the last time I actually HAD the flu was in 1985. I think I'm just blessed with a really good immune system. I do have allergies, which have gone from seasonal to year round, but that's it.

I'm kind of convinced that some people are just really really healthy, with great immune systems, and some aren't. I have a friend, who if you she just looks at someone who has a cold, will catch it. Or so it seems. Me? I can be around people hacking, sneezing, coughing up 3 lungs, and remain well.

Comment

Maybe God said, "You know what, FL? You are in pain every day so I'm gonna give you a break on the sick part."
        "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

I got the flu shot this year because I have a baby niece. Hopefully it'll do something aside from giving me a sore arm for three days.

Last year I caught the flu, but it was actually the first time in years. And I rarely get colds anymore.

Comment

Got one kid in daycare. Therefore, every disease known to man will make it's way through our family.

Comment

I currently have allergy related nasal issues and throat issues. And tooth/jaw related ear issues. I'm trying to stave off getting a bug right now as I'm up for dental surgery at the weekend... And I really don't want to have it put off!
              I am so SO glad I was not present for this. There would have been an unpleasant duct tape incident. - Joi

Comment

Just last week I got my flu shot, my arm was sore for a few days, but compared to real influenza that's nothing. Twice in my life I had that (confirmed by doctor) and it's not fun, high fewer, chills, whole body hurts, soooo tired. And even worse, it took me weeks to recuperate completely.
                Hopefully they got the mixture right this year, last year they guessed wrong and the vaccination wasn't very effective.

The flu shot doesn't help against common cold, different virus!
                No trees were killed in the posting of this message.

However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Comment

I had mine two weeks ago so I should be good to go. Some awful customer came and sneezed everywhere with his cold germs. The next day our entire department was down with sore throats and sniffles.
                  I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

UPDATE: Now I have an intermittent hacking cough. I know it's not the flu, but for me, now is DEFINITELY NOT the time for me to get my flu shot.

I'll get it when I get better.
                    cindybubbles (👧 ❤️ 🎂 )

Enter Cindyland here!

Comment

I'm at the point that I'm about to print out a sign that says, "Plague in Progress - Enter At Your Own Risk," because all of my family have this stupid cold that I got from my niece and nephew when I watched them. It's not the flu, but it sure is making me miserable. Fortunately, if my 3 year old is any indication, it'll be out of our systems by the weekend. Just in time to catch the next bug going around.
                      If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

Quoth GOInsanity View Post
                        Got one kid in daycare. Therefore, every disease known to man will make it's way through our family.
                        Hope you don't mean that literally - Q fever and Ebola are NASTY.
                        Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Two years ago, in the middle of Christmas break, everyone in my immediate family came down with a nasty stomach bug that had us essentially glued to a bowl for throwing up for 24 hours. And we didn't even get the bug all at the same time. It jumped from one person to the next, so that was a week of pure misery.
                          "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
                          - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

I got H1N1 a few years ago. That strain was Nasty. Getting up and opening a can of soup had me shaking like a leaf. No colds so far but there is a bug that has been going around at work.
                            "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

Quoth WishfulSpirit View Post
                              I got H1N1 a few years ago. That strain was Nasty.
                              That was the strain that killed my husband. If you'll excuse the pun Flu isn't to be sneezed at.
                              As soon as I start thinking
                              That I'm sensible and sane
                              The Random Hedgehog comes along
                              And fiddles with my Brain
                              (from card I got)

Comment

Working...
                              X