This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• But why is the cart there?

One of the therapists yesterday was scheduled to see a patient. There was an isolation cart in front of the patient's room. It had been there for at least two days. Because said therapist is pregnant and due soon, she needs to know exactly what condition the patient has that put them on isolation precautions to know if it's safe for her to treat the patient.

So she asked the aid. Aid had no idea why the isolation cart was there. Then she asked the nurse. The nurse didn't know. Maybe it was flu?

No one knew, which was kind of astounding, because that's a thing you would think someone would note down somewhere.

So the therapist traded with my clinical instructor for this patient since no one could tell her why the isolation cart was in place (my CI is also preggo, but I'm working under her so I could go in and treat with less risk).

Finally found out that the cart was there for no reason at all. Someone just parked it there instead of putting it away. We were all gowning up just for fashion, I suppose. At least that explained nursing's confusion over the matter.

It was still there when I left.

I guess just leaving isolation carts in front of random rooms to confuse people is a thing now.
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Ugh. How annoying. Still, I'd rather gown up for nothing than not know a patient had some kind of isolation precautions and get exposed to something nasty. Which is what generally happens where I work. >.> -.-
    I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call “compassion”. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)

Comment

Working...
    X