Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Making patients VERY happy! (mildly nsfw)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Making patients VERY happy! (mildly nsfw)

In the same convo I was having with my clinical instructor as discussed in this (slightly more NSFW) other thread, my CI told me how Physical Therapy can completely change a patients life. This story was too good not to share.

Some time ago, my CI had a patient come in with coccydynia (aka tailbone pain).

Brief background: Coccydynia causes impairments with three primary activities. I call them the three S's of Coccydynia: sitting, sex (in females), and bowel movements. (I take pride in that, despite my CI's crude and often inappropriate sense of humor, it took him a solid five seconds to figure out how I got the third "s" from those.)

This patient had mild chronic coccydynia that caused pain with the sex part. She'd had it for her entire adult life and never thought much of it. She came from a very conservative, sheltered background and had assumed sex was God's way of punishing women or whatever. Discussion about raising people with that education can go to Fratching; what's important is knowing that she was very conservative, very sheltered, and thus had gone to be married 17 years with this mindset. That's 17 years of having painful sex and thinking it's normal. (Side note: it's not normal.)

Anyway, she injured (or reinjured) her tailbone and began having pain with the other two S's, so she sought treatment. In a few appointments, my CI successfully reduced her tailbone into a more normal, pain-free alignment. Better alignment than she'd been in before the injury.

When this patient came in for her follow-up, my CI found her in the waiting room GRINNING from ear to ear.

My CI asked how she was doing. She responded along the lines of, "You're not going to believe this, but last night I HAD MY FIRST ORGASM!!!"

Before my CI could recover and muster a response, the other patient in the room (a lady in her mid to late 60's) perked up, pointed at our primary patient, and exclaimed, "I'll have whatever she had!"

And that's how my CI transforms lives.
    Last edited by bhskittykatt; 04-24-2016, 01:12 AM.
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Poor woman. 17 years of painful sex.

Comment

That must have blown her mind...I'm betting she's going to be wearing her husband out now that she knows sex is actually AWESOME.
      The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

I foresee a second honeymoon trip with a very happy but somewhat confused husband
        "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

Total awesomeness! Kudos to you and your instructor.

Welcome to health care, by the way!
          They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Poor woman, but I'm happy she now knows sex is supposed to bring you pleasure.

Comment

Working...
            X