I'm here to see the doctor.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm here to see the doctor.

Just had a medication check-up because I have chronic migraines. I mentioned to the nurse that the reason I came in was because I had called to see if I could take two medications together. She immediately asked me if I drink diet soda and I said yes. She blamed my migraines on that even though I told her that I was drinking diet soda for about 35 to 40 years before I ever developed migraines. Then she responded that it was something about it building up in your system. Uh, no; body doesn't work like that. Some people get headaches from aspartame but I never have. I had to tell her twice that I think they are coming from menopause and that stress is a trigger. Even if there was a correlation between soda and my headaches--there really isn't a strong one at all--that doesn't equal causation. Also it's not her job to diagnose the root of an issue. It's her job to take my vitals and get the information down for the doctor. The only thing that he said about the sodas had nothing to do with the sweetener but instead the caffeine. I don't consume any more caffeine than I ever did and it's not very much. Basically the nurse shouldn't be even casually trying to treat my condition. I'm there to see my doctor about it. I think next time I'll just answer the yes or no questions and not give any other information at all. Maybe that was my mistake. Even though she irritated me my blood pressure reading was totally normal. I seem to have a problem with most of his nurses and there are various ones.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

I think I would mention directly to the doctor that you don't appreciate his nurses trying to diagnose you based on their random questions and pet crusades.
    You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

Working...
    X