What the everlasting ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What the everlasting ...

I've been getting repeated calls lately to please call [Local Hospital] to set up a date and time for an MRI (six-month followup, so ...nothing urgent that anybody's aware of). And I am a procrastinator par excellence.
    So today I finally drag my butt out of bed and call back. I get put on hold. Not for a lengthy amount of time but long enough that I nearly drop off to sleep at my desk. Finally the person comes back.

They can't give me an appointment at the moment because the machine is getting a part replace (I thought I heard her say "breast coil" but ....)

SO WHY THE DEVIL DO YOU KEEP CALLING ME???

The funny part is when I tried to ask exactly which hospital this is. Because they are now all know by some variant of "City" Health Centre, XYZ Campus. She tells me the street it's on and I squint. It is (or was) the city's main street.

"Is that the old ...."

"Yes, it used to be called [Catholic name] but [Catholic name] is now on [Other Street] and this is now known as the [Street Campus]."

"I'm SO confused ..."

To make it even more confusing, there's a second hospital that does MRIs and that's where I went last time but apparently they are waiting on an entirely new machine.

Anyway, I called. I'm assuming this means the repetitious phone calls will stop ... or is that naive?
    Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
    ~ Mr Hero

It is my opinion that one should always think of the worst case, and then imagine it getting three times worse than that. Because life is like that.
    Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Working...
    X