It has begun....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It has begun....

I'm calling this one "The Ens**ttening". On prior occasions, I have referred to it as "attempting to attain orbit from the privacy of one's bathroom".

Colonoscopy prep. Starving myself for a day, then drinking some truly nasty stuff, then an hour of feeling absurdly bloated, then .... the ens**ttening.

Hopefully this one also finds nothing more serious than a couple of benign polyps, like the last couple have.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
    One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
    The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Did that last year, and the prep fluid was BY FAR the worst part. I hope it all...*ahem*...comes out well! I had the same result as you did; just a couple of benign ones.

Gotta love that 'Milk of Amnesia' (Propofol)!
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Second dose down, similar effects to the first. Now I'm at the point where I can't eat or drink anything. Going to head over to the hospital in about two hours. I anticipate being unconscious for most of the day...
      “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
      One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.

Comment

All done, bar the post-op sleep-fest. Gonna be out of it most of the day.

Comment

Sounds like MoviPrep. You can find a good description of it here. Did that my first time around. The second time, I got a "laxative package". Not as explosive, but you have to get up in the middle of the night to finish it. Not like I was sleeping or something,,,

Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
          Save the Ales!
          Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

It's done. I'm back at home, and have been sleeping a lot.

The brand name on this wasn't MoviPrep, which I had one of the earlier times I've gone through this. But it's more or less the same thing--the same nasty taste, the same results.

I'm glad it's over with!

Comment

Ahhh,- I remember it. I asked my other half if I should go to work the morning of the procedure, (due to take place at 2 pm) and he said, "I wouldn't." I scheduled the day off. Then, the medical office called me: we were due to have a storm that day, all the patients scheduled for the morning had called and cancelled. Could I come in at 8 am instead of 2 pm? Uhhh, YES.

I was kind of loopy by the time a man came up and said, "Are you Worker Bee? You're the woman I've been looking for!" He did not laugh when I said, "I've heard that line from so many men." Maybe he'd heard it before.

Comment

Mr Jedi was supposed to get his first colonoscopy recently. He threw up some of the prep, and what he did manage to keep down didn't work at all. So his doc has him trying a different prep and rescheduled for September
                I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call “compassion”. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)

Comment

This one found ... rather more than a "couple" of polyps. Actual results are still pending, but I don't think it's normal to have 22 of them.

Comment

Working...
                  X