No announcement yet.

Oh look, more whining about my health!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh look, more whining about my health!

Kidney stones. Plural.

After a Saturday of "WTF is going on?" (including being in so much pain I barfed!) I went to the ER on Sunday. CT scan showed kidney stones. Urologist came in and did a "laser ablation", so now I can say that I've had a laser stuck up my urethra... Did not think I'd ever even think that phrase, let alone say it.

I have a stent up in there now. And I, a 57 year old male, get to experience the whole "bleeding from my genitals" thing. Quite surprising, let me tell you!

Tomorrow, they're going to use high-intensity sound waves to shatter the larger stone that is further up in my system. Originally scheduled for next Friday, but they had a cancellation and I WANT THIS GONE!

At least it only feels like a six-year-old is punching me in the back when I pee, rather than Mike Tyson punching me.

Norco (hydrocodone and acetomenophin) doesn't do squat for it.

Looking forward to this being over.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
    One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
    The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Yuck! That sucks big time. I had a kidney stone once, over 20 years ago, and it was awful. I did a couple of things to try to make sure it never happens again. First: I totally stopped drinking soda pop. Second: I started drinking more water. Third: I added lemon juice to water because the acid in it helps prevent them from happening.

Hope you get better soon.
    "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

Kidney stones.
      Never had them.
      Never want to see them.
      I have had "things" shoved up my male bits. Hope it never happens again. Probably will. Welcome to old age.

Hope you feel better soon.
      Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
      Save the Ales!
      Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

I'm sorry.
        Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

I am the proud owner of a plastic container with several chunks of ... stuff in it.

New drugs, too. One of them "may change the color of urine or stool". Yes, it certainly does!

I have a stent, with a handy little string for removal. Due to this (at least I hope it's only due to this!) I now occasionally "leak".

In another week, the stent should be gone. Hopefully that's the end of this saga for me.
          “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
          One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.

Comment

I had the same issue back in 2018.

Had a stent put in.

And had the laser ablation done.

Was not fun, especially paying the medical bills.

I drink more water, and I try to include lemon in it.

Comment

Bill Engval feels your pain.
              Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd
              OW! Rolled my eyes too hard, saw my brain. -- Seanette
              she seems to top me in crazy, and I'm enough crazy for my family. -- Cooper
              Yes, I am evil. What's your point? -- Jester

Comment

I've had kidney stones 4 times. I can say that I've been lucky enough that they were small. It was still a week of feeling like trash and drinking more water than normal. I now know the first signs of an attack so I start dealing with it early.

Comment

The stent came out this morning. The doc said, "Congratulations, it's a boy! See? It's blue!"

Yes, the stent was blue. Made me chuckle. Fortunately the removal process was really quick.

Things are less irritated, but there are still some false signals getting through. Fewer, now.

Now I need to concentrate on recovery!

Comment

Working...
                  X