Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wrote it badly, I guess. I didn't mean to suggest there are actual seperate pelvic bones...that's just how it FEELS when I try and walk 'normally'...like there's all these broken or loose pieces just shifting and moving and grinding loosely around each other

Bleh...hearing problem. Just one more thing I really don't need.
    My dollhouse blog.

Blog about life

Comment

I'm sorry to Seshat, DragonDreamer, and LL. All your issues make mine seem minor. My pain can usually be resolved with anti-inflammatories. If those don't work, a dose of alcohol will (which I do rarely). And I want to add that breast size isn't necessarily always the problem. I had my back problems for 10 years before the "girls" showed up.
      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth LewisLegion View Post
        I wrote it badly, I guess. I didn't mean to suggest there are actual seperate pelvic bones...that's just how it FEELS when I try and walk 'normally'...like there's all these broken or loose pieces just shifting and moving and grinding loosely around each other

Bleh...hearing problem. Just one more thing I really don't need.
        Ahhhh. Yes, I'm familiar with that feeling (the bones).

Also very familiar with the 'one more thing I don't need' feeling.

Quoth Food Lady View Post
        I'm sorry to Seshat, DragonDreamer, and LL. All your issues make mine seem minor. My pain can usually be resolved with anti-inflammatories. If those don't work, a dose of alcohol will (which I do rarely). And I want to add that breast size isn't necessarily always the problem. I had my back problems for 10 years before the "girls" showed up.

LL and I have fibromyalgia, which is a poorly-understood (but there are people working on it) pain disorder. At present, the only treatments are to treat the symptoms.
        Seshat's self-help guide:
        1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
        2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
        3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
        4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Quoth Seshat View Post
          I have days where I simply cannot walk without limping, and days when I can't stand straight.

But ... separate pelvic bones? Your pelvis is supposed to be a single, fused piece. There's one cartilage joint in the perineal area, the rest should be solid bone. And that one cartilage joint should only ever soften in the late stages of pregnancy (it's there to make childbirth easier).

Edit to add: I'm not saying 'that's impossible'. If there's one thing my own life has taught me, it's that medically, NOTHING is impossible. I'm just saying 'that's not supposed to happen'.

Yup - I do that. And yes, I have hearing issues.
          Actually there are a number of nonfused joints in the pelvis, a pair in the sacrum, one in the iliac crest and one at the pubic synthesys - they are cartillagenous joints which separate when women get hit up with whatever that hormone is and then they waddle.. Oh frabdgous joy, I have bone spurs in both sides of my sacrum. The hormones of the menstrual cycle do actually also make the cartillage soften to a lesser degree which always made any period I had extra special.
          EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

^ Oh, THAT must be why it's said women get clumsier during PMS! I heard it had something to do with hormones.
            "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Mom has had something similar for most of her life - she always thought one leg was just longer than the other.

When she had knee surgery done one of the doctors that was checking her legs noticed it (not all of mom's docs noticed it) ...

Doc: hmm... let's try this to see if it works. If it works, then you can fix it without surgery.

He had her sit in the chair and pull one knee up to her chest and hold it there for a few seconds, and then the other one. Afterwards he checked her legs and saw they were now the same length.

According to the doctor, her hips had a slight twist to them which had been putting her legs out of alignment enough to make one longer than the other. It wasn't exactly "fixable" but... she could realign them herself every day with that exercise.

So now, every day after breakfast or so mom sits in her chair, pulls her knees up one at a time, and has a bit less leg pain i think

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
                ^ Oh, THAT must be why it's said women get clumsier during PMS! I heard it had something to do with hormones.
                Pretty much.

God is obviously not a woman, she wouldn't abuse us so badly.

Really, the response to those jackasses who preach intelligent design ...

Hm, male genitalia on the outside, prone to physical damage.

female physical changes during pregnancy that can screw the body up permanently.

infants being so helpless for the first several years of life and not popping out housebroken and coherent.
                EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Back from the doc's! I am getting my MRI

We talked for quite a while, she did a physical examination of my back and confirmed it was much worse than it has been. She touched one point on it and I about came off the exam table. She told me there was nerve involvement given my symptoms and we did x-rays right away, which came back showing nothing amiss.

Right now she's leaning strongly on it being Sacroilliac Joint Dysfunction, possibly a herniated disc, but there are other possibilities on the board. I'm getting the MRI sometime in the next week or two, and depending on the results of that she will either send me to an orthopedist or a rheumatologist, and depending on THEIR findings she may end up sending me to a neurologist. She says there are some other faint neurologic symptoms that may point to it being MS, but right now she doesn't think so (she's pretty convinced it's SJD).

So, at least that's done. Ever forward.
                  My dollhouse blog.

Blog about life

Comment

Yay for progress, right?
                    Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
                    Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

If you're anything like me, any step that accomplishes something feels really good, especially a step that focuses choices or possibilites. Good luck!
                      It's little things that make the difference between 'enjoyable', 'tolerable', and 'gimme a spoon, I'm digging an escape tunnel'.

Comment

LL,

My fingers are crossed for your sake that it's something readily diagnosable: and readily curable. If not curable, easily treatable.
                        Seshat's self-help guide:
                        1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                        2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                        3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                        4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Thanks guys. Yeah, I'm glad something's going to be done. My worst fear right now is that the MRI will show nothing, the orthopedist or rheumatologist will find nothing, and the neurologist will find nothing, and I'll basically be cast off to deal with it on my own...again.
                          My dollhouse blog.

Blog about life

Comment

LewisLegion Wow! I thought it was bad when I went from nothing to a size D. It's only recently they started making cute bras in that size. My insurance will cover a reduction if it is causing back problems, but my pain has nothing to do with my breasts. They will cover enlargements only if a breast is cut off due to a cancer.

My insurance keeps sending me questionnaires that want to put the blame for the pain I have on someone else so they won't have to pay for it. I keep sending it back saying it's still a problem that has nothing to do with any accident or someone else.

My physical therapist used that device type thing on me and I had to be nearly peeled off the ceiling. My back muscles were spasming at the time and that did not help.
                            Do not annoy the woman with the flamethrower!

If you don't like it, I believe you can go to hell! ~Trinity from The Matrix

Yes, MadMike does live under my couch.

Comment

I got some weird letters too a while back regarding my insurance. They kept saying that I had been admitted due to injuries that could be work related or the fault of someone else, and wanted me to submit information regarding the 'injury incident' so they could pursue anyone else that may have been at fault and liable.

Thing is, the date they gave me for this 'injury admittance' was the date I went and had a heart holter monitor put on. Yeah, that's right...my 'injury' was heart palpitations that turned out to be extremely mild, non-threatening tachychardia. I wasn't admitted, I was in the hospital less than ten minutes, and I sure as heck wasn't injured.

Yet it took months for me to convince them of that, for some reason. Bleh.

On the upside, I'm getting my MRI tomorrow after work
                              My dollhouse blog.

Blog about life

Comment

Working...
                              X