This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth BlaqueKatt View Post

Edited to add: for the foot ulcer possibly talk to your health care provider about MDT-It's healed bone infections where the only remaining option is amputation. And it's pretty inexpensive for a treatment.
    Luckily at this point there is no infection at all. Just abnormally thick skin that from the pressure of walking keeps splitting open. It was looking much better than it does right now. But there was a miscommunication between the doctor and myself. He got me a toe brace that would prevent/reduce movement of two of my toes so that when walking it would do less damage then he told me to take it easy. I thought that meant I could return to somewhat normal for me activities. Grocery shopping, taking kids to cheer practice (help coaching) occasional trips to mall, .... I was wrong. At my last appointment he told me I should not be walking at all. If I have to I now have to wear the soft cast with a cutout insole to minimize damage/pressure on the injured area. With two very active 10 & 11 yr girls and it being summer there are quite a few times I have to be up and about. I don't have family to help and hubby is in management at a grocery store so he works all the time.

Comment

Quoth teh_blumchenkinder View Post
      <--- sounds like you need one! (or more...)
      Ask about exercise at your doctor's. Geriatric or physical therapy type exercise classes might be the way to go for the time being, seeing as you have mobility issues. Not all exercise requires feet. There are things that can mess with insulin resistance, I've heard cinnamon and vinegar but those are also still having experiments done on them!
      My co-worker M has cinnamon pills and she says it keeps her sugar levels good.
      I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
      Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
      Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Quoth BlaqueKatt View Post
        hence the acronym or the euphemism "Bio-surgery"-which is pretty accurate, plus in the fight against MRSA-you have two things that kill it outright-the biosurgeons, or puree of roach brain(also good against e. coli), so yeah....
        Hoookay. I learned something new today.

Knew about medical maggots. Did not know about roach brains. Ick. Interesting. But ick.
        They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

The trick with MDT is that they will only remove dead flesh: living flesh is left entirely alone. So they're more efficient than human surgeons.
          Seshat's self-help guide:
          1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
          2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
          3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
          4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Maybe you need a different doctor, if he/she isn't looking into WHY your blood sugar is still so high instead of just increasing the dosage of insulin. You could also ask them to look at any sort of glandular problems that could be contributing to your weight problems. I know it's not the best example, but there was an episode of House where a teenage girl with weight issues did EVERYTHING she could to lose weight... Turned out to be a gland problem. So it COULD be a possibility, and it's at least worth asking about.
            Look, a signature!

If every cashier in the world went on strike, retail would come to a screeching halt, even if for a couple hours.

Comment

Working...
            X