This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• endoscopy

Just woke up from an upper GI endoscopy. Had reflux for longer than I can remember (as in 15+ years) and in the past year or two a pain in upper right quadrant consistent with what I (think I) know about duodenal ulcer. Procedure was this AM at about 8, so why did it take until now to wake up? propbabpy had to do with the 6 tablets of Valium I had to take iin oirter to get the needle in the back of my jhand. Whish is why my typing at the moment isn't the greatiset. Still a bit uncorredinated. I usually spell better than this. Have to call the GI guy tomorrow and find out what they saw. At least the anesthieseolgist doidn't argue with me about the valiujm, but I had to take it in their office un front of the,m,. or thats' what they told me initially, but when I git there the receotuipnist just told me to take it whenever, not in front of the doctor or anthyingt. 30mg is a bit much for most poeple. they seemed more taken aback that I hadnt been taking it regularly for sucj a high dose to be necessary. In any case I've been sleeping until abpiut 4:00 and my musckle control isn;t still where I want it, hience this mess of typos here. I haven't got the patience to go back and correct every second sword. Believe me I do know how to spell propperly, also pucntdfiuate.

arg. hell with this.

Don't worry about the spelling errors. Glad you came through it ok. When I had my endoscopies, I woke up, talked to the doctor a minute, and got home okay, but after a few minutes of talking to my mom while sitting in my recliner....she just looked at me and said "I'll see you later." and left my house. Apparently I was swaying in my chair....I hit the couch and took a LONG nap to finish sleeping it off. lol

Comment

I've seen worse typos without chemicals. Look after yourself, mate.

Rapscallion

Comment

Ditto. Hope everything went well
        They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

I had one of those not so long ago. I remember exactly nothing after I woke up, except for a bald dude with tattoos who helped me out to the car. My husband asked afterward what I recalled (apparently the doctor came out and chatted with me. Total blank) and I said, "Was there a bald tattooed guy?" We went home and I slept like the dead for about 2 1/2 hours before I woke up fully.

It's actually kind of frustrating and a little frightening, to keep trying to remember and simply not being able to. It took me a while to get over that. Not a bad procedure at all but I hope I never have to do it again for that reason.
          https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

We know you usually spell right. Everyone get a bit incoherent when they are stoned.
            Especially when they aren't used to it.
            Good luck.

Comment

Watching the anesthetised can be fun. Several years ago, Mr. Sparky had a heart catheterization. (Diagnostic procedure. Result: all is well.)

What happened:
              1. He walked down the hall to the procedure room.
              2. They wheeled him back sound asleep.
              3. Doc came in and talked to him. He responded coherently.
              4. He slept another two hours.
              5. He woke up, commented it was strange he hadn't seen the doc. I told him what doc had said.
              6. He slept another hour.
              7. Nurse brought him breakfast. He ate it all. Commented it was strange he hadn't seen the doc.
              8. He slept for another hour.
              9. Nurse came in and helped him to the bathroom. He commented it was strange he hadn't seen the doc. I told him what doc had said.
              10. We walked to car. He asked what the doc had said. I told him. I would also tell him several times more than evening and the next day.

What he remembers:
              1. He walked down the hall to the procedure room.
              2. He woke up in his room, ate breakfast, and came home.

I've sometimes thought that instead of talking to a patient after surgery or any procedure that involves general anesthesia, the surgeon ought to record a video message or something. When he comes in to talk to you, you feel wide awake and coherent, but later you are lucky to remember that he was even there, much less what he said.
              Women can do anything men can.
              But we don't because lots of it's disgusting.
              Maxine

Comment

I'll bet he got some Versed. It's a benzodiazapene used for sedation that impairs short term memory.

About 15 years ago I took a friend to get an endo (he needed me to drive, as the wife was on TDY). He wanted to get a cheeseburger from McDs on the way home.

After the procedure, we got in the car and had the same conversation about that cheeseburger about 10 times in the 20 minute drive. I put him to bed and he fell fast asleep and didn't wake up until the next day.

His first question to me?

"Did I ever get that cheeseburger?"
                They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

I never had that reaction to being anesthetised, only being sick but not quite as bad as my sister who when she had her last op they gave her anti nausea drugs during the op then straight after she woke up and then later. Yup three different types and she still didn't feel well, but not sick lol. They said if she was still feeling nausous they wouldn't be able to give her anything else.
                  Final Fantasy XIV - Acorna Starfall - Ragnarok (EU Legacy)

Comment

My brother had the same joy as Sparky with my wisdom teeth removal.
                    I remember everything before the surgery and everything coming out. I remember going home and having a snack before having a nap to sleep off the last of the 'cloud'. I believed I woke about two hours later.
                    In reality I woke three days later. My brother was in charge of returning me to my room when I would be found crawling around the house. Also for getting the food and glasses of water I was looking for in the fireplace.
                    It was pretty nuts. I haven't been 'put under' since.

Comment

Quoth Shalom View Post
                      <snip>
                      Whish is why my typing at the moment isn't the greatiset. Still a bit uncorredinated. I usually spell better than this.
                      <snip>
                      In any case I've been sleeping until abpiut 4:00 and my musckle control isn;t still where I want it, hience this mess of typos here. I haven't got the patience to go back and correct every second sword. Believe me I do know how to spell propperly, also pucntdfiuate.

arg. hell with this.
                      don't worry 'bout it! It comes off as you being all drugged and sleepy, which is just a bit cute, a la those vids taken by parents (usually dads) of their children coming out of laughing gas.
                      Hopefully the test is worth it. I second the 'take care' vote.
                      "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
                      "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

I must be a freak of nature, or something. The one time I was put under, it was for a particularly complicated wisdom teeth removal. Apparently, my bottom two had a death-grip on my jaw (found in the x-rays), and they were going to really have to work to get the roots out of there. I had to go to a dental surgeon, and get a full IV for it.

I was talking and joking with the nurses/assistants right up until they turned the drip on, then, poof, out like a light. Next thing I knew, I was awake, which startled the doc/assistants, because they still were cleaning up all the bloody instruments and cotton. They seemed a bit miffed that I could walk myself to the recovery room, too. They forced me to lay down, and I spent the bare minimum recovery time bored because they wouldn't let me read for some reason. Had my dad there to drive me home, only took one of the vicodin prescription, then was at work the next day.

I never get any of the cool altered-mental-state effects from this stuff. <pout>
                        The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                        "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                        Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Working...
                        X