This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do I waste my time?

I saw my surgeon awhile back as a follow up of my surgery and told him I didn't have any pain medication when I came out of surgery and when I finally did get pain medication it wasn't strong enough till the third day of my five day stay, so I had two days of thinking I woke up in a Hell of pain and suffering. I frequently broke down in tears because of the pain, which is not me. I do not easily break down like that.

And, how I had my medication list with me but was told the hospital didn't need it, so I didn't get the medications that if I stopped taking them it was to be slowly and not just cut off.

That is not counting how sleep deprived I was from an old woman 2 doors down who was not there for surgery or pain issues and never spoke just screamed every 5 minutes all day and night long unless she was sleeping or eating, which was not often. I begged to be moved or have her moved so I could sleep, but it fell on deaf ears.

Plus, I told him how bruised up both my arms were when I left the hospital because starting an IV seemed complicated to those who started mine and they would not get help for it even though I asked them to get someone to help them.

He made a comment about always having his pager with him and the nurses didn't page him and we should look forward anyway and not dwell on the past. I thought he would want to know what is happening to his patients in the hospital, but I guess I was wrong.

If I ever need surgery again I will need a lot more time to think about having it done considering how badly everything but the surgery went in the hospital and I really have no use for a doctor who won't take me seriously when my complaints are valid.
    Do not annoy the woman with the flamethrower!

If you don't like it, I believe you can go to hell! ~Trinity from The Matrix

Yes, MadMike does live under my couch.

I'm sorry to hear of the pain problem after surgery; it has happened to me as well.

The only thing I can suggest is to complain until they page or get him on the phone; or find a different doctor.
    Remember, stressed spelled backwards is desserts.

Comment

The person to complain to is hospital administration. Your surgeon really had little control of these things once you left the hospital.

Still, he could have had more empathy.
      They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Not dwell on the past??

That's doctor for 'we frakked up and I'm hoping to coddle you so you don't sue us'. Grr!

I'm so sorry, Mis. I seriously can't understand other human beings sometimes.
        My dollhouse blog.

Blog about life

Comment

The nurses not contacting him (if true) is a major issue in this, as well...o_O
          "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
          "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
          Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
          "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Working...
          X