This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I know we post stories of bad treatment

But I wanted to post a story of awesome treatment.

Every six months or so I get blood drawn in regards to my BP and the meds I take. Friday I went to get blood drawn, and aside from sitting in the waiting room that time forgot (and that the Christians prostelyze in), the visit was going to one of those long drawn out affairs. The phlebotomist was going to search forever for a vein, have another phlebotomist come over and help and finally get the awesomely cute guy in the Physical Therapy department come over and do the blood draw (who is also a phlebotomist too). It becomes a bad joke of how many people does it take to draw blood.

Did that happen? No! She found a vein after searching for a minute or two, got blood on the first draw and the best yet, didn't leave a huge bruise! I hope she never leaves because she's the best one yet.
    Last edited by fma_fanatic; 09-07-2011, 04:01 AM.
    Random conversation:
    Me: Okay..so I think I get why Zoro wears a bandana
    DDD: Cuz it's cool

So, by using the Doctor's reasoning, bow ties, fezzes and bandanas are cool.

Awesome, but you missed out on Cute Guy.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Had that happen a lot when I had to have blood drawn monthly for my IRS (insulin resistance syndrome) which is a precursor for diabetes. Thankfully, my body was somehow able to reverse the resistance (which my doctor still to this day can not figure out how I did it). Originally, I went to the ambulatory care in my home town to do the blood work, but after several visits of me leaving in tears because they poked and prodded some many times (along with the insurance prices), I went to the blood lab directly. Several times, I would leave with bruises and several holes in my arms, but I can't fully blame the nurses there. I also have rolling veins, which I guess is a defense mechanism where my veins roll away from whatever point is piercing my skin, keeping me from bleeding out. Helpful in a knife fight, not so helpful when I need to bleed lol.
      Just because they serve you, doesn't mean they like you. And just because they smile and act polite doesn't mean they aren't planning to destroy you.

"I put the laughter in slaughter."

Comment

When I had to get several sets of blood testing done, I specifically requested that one particular lady in the blood lab take the blood. She could get the vein on the first try, whereas the other people there would stick me repeatedly like a pin cushion and get nothing. Epic Lady also caught my weak ass when I fell out of the chair after I fainted. Twelve vials of blood seems to be my limit. She gave me a load of cookies and juice when I woke up too.

She also let my BF at the time into the little recovery room to see me and gave him some cookies too.

Also love the lady who cleans my teeth and the dentist who has filled my three lovely cavities. Both are nice and really put me at ease when I'm getting my mouth prodded with sharp things. I don't get to see too many good doctors, but I'm always grateful for the ones I do find.

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
          Awesome, but you missed out on Cute Guy.
          I know. Dang it! I did see him on the way out and waved, so maybe next time. I'm just glad that it was so easy.

I also found out that my blood work came back great. Lower cholesterol (yay for Honey Nut Cheerios!), as well as everything functioning as it should. Our doctor (since the husband and I see the same doctor) is very proud of our hard work at the gym.
          Random conversation:

Comment

"I know we post stories of bad treatment"

I've actually been wondering about that - why is the sickbay the only place where everyone gets to beat on staff and tell horror stories about bad care/service, when the whole rest of the site deals with the customers/clients who are sucky, and not the staff?

Comment

Quoth Engmfj View Post
              I've actually been wondering about that - why is the sickbay the only place where everyone gets to beat on staff and tell horror stories about bad care/service, when the whole rest of the site deals with the customers/clients who are sucky, and not the staff?
              It's not. Sightings is also a place to post stories about bad service received. This site just happens to be mostly for abused workers venting about the bad customers.
              "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
              - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Quoth Engmfj View Post
                "I know we post stories of bad treatment"

As already mentioned, we can talk about bad patient care in Sightings, just as we can talk about sucky patients in Sucky Customers.

As a provider, I have to be very very careful not to violate HIPAA laws. But there are stories I can tell about sucky patients.

There got to be such a steady stream of stories in those two other areas from myself and others that Rapscallion thought a new area might be warranted. It's not as busy as the main part of the site, but some of the threads here have gotten a lot of attention

I haven't posted anything new in awhile. I suppose I should post something (it's not like I don't have plenty of sucky patient stories, either )
                They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Quoth Panacea View Post
                  I haven't posted anything new in awhile. I suppose I should post something (it's not like I don't have plenty of sucky patient stories, either )
                  <bats her eyelashes>

Pleaaaaseeeeee?
                  Seshat's self-help guide:
                  1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                  2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                  3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                  4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Oh please Ms. Panacea? Pleeeeeze? I can bring cookies.
                    Random conversation:

Comment

Working...
                    X