Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There used to be some kind of medicine I used to take as kid, I forget what it was called, but it had kind of a fruity flavor I couldn't ever pin down.

Then I drank a Red Bull. Tasted exactly like that kind of medicine.

There also used to be some kind of pill my parents would give me for hyperactivity. Again I don't know what it was called, but it was bitter and awful. I couldn't take it with water. My parents had to crush the pill and mix it with applesauce or ice cream, but I could still taste it. >.<
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Dasota View Post
      Like someone else said before, I would want to just drink it out of the bottle for no reason
      I used to want to do that with cherry flavored Sucrets.

^-.-^
      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth SongsOfDragons View Post
        I remember having a banana-flavoured medicine for when I was sick. Rather thin and pale yellow. I've no idea what drug it was...
        That's the UK version of Amoxicillin IIRC.
        This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
        I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

When I was pregnant, whatever drink I had to take when I went in for my blood tests (I believe it was to check diabetes?) came in 3 flavors. Orange, Fruit Punch, and apparently Vomit. I unfortunately got the last flavor the first try around and couldn't keep it in my mouth. Blech! (I'm gagging a bit just thinking about it! *shudder*) Not sure what the flavor was suppose to be but they just gave me fruit punch which went down fine.
          Now, if you smell the roses but it doesn't lift your spirits, you're either allergic to rose pollen or you need medical intervention. ~ Seshat

Comment

Quoth Spork4pedro View Post
            ...came in 3 flavors. Orange, Fruit Punch, and apparently Vomit.
            The trade name for that flavor is Komenbakatcha.
            I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
            Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
            Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Whatever I was given before my root canal because I have a heart condition. It didn't taste all that bad but it smelled so disgusting that whenever I opened the bottle it was all I could do not to gag. Same with penicillin actually, the nastiest freaking smell ever. I'm also not very fond of those things you put in water and they fizz. I forget what they are but I used to only be able to take them in a can of lemon flavored Pepsi because the terrible taste of the Pepsi was better than the taste of them.

My favorite two medications are Delsym (dextromethorphan polistirex) and the red NyQuil. I used to have to take Delsym CONSTANTLY when I was a kid because of the coughing the pollution in the city I lived in would induce. As soon as we moved away from the city, my coughing stopped and now I only take it for sick coughing. It tastes so good I miss it.

Comment

There's a chocolate flavoured liquid laxative down here called Parachoc.

I remember there being a banana-flavoured medication out there. I'll see if I can find the brand name (if I have time off in the morning)
                The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth RealUnimportant View Post
                  That's the UK version of Amoxicillin IIRC.
                  I thought it was something along those lines, judging what others have said.

Another vote for 'cherry' medicine tasting like ick.

I found a way to take my drain cleaner!! ...I hold my nose and I chug it like a shot... then grope for the glass of water afterwards...
                  "...Muhuh? *blink-blink* >_O *roll over* ZZZzzz......"

Comment

When my sister and I got sick as children, we were given some kind of liquid medicine that had crushed up aspirin in it. I don't know what exactly it was (we're both allergic to amoxicillin so I know it wasn't that) but I've had face wash that smelled similar to it. We hated it. We called it "sandy medicine" because it felt like we were drinking sand.

Personally, I can't stand Delsym, but liquid Benadryl (the pink one) is a nostalgic taste for me so I'll willingly do that.

Comment

When I was a kid, I longed to be able to take my siblings' bubble-gum-flavored medicines! I was allergic, so I had to take arithromyacin, which tasted awful compared to it. Given that I'm a carrier for strep (Mom would haul ME to the doctor if any of my siblings were showing symptoms), I had it so often that I begged my parents to let me have the giant pills instead when I was 12 or so.

I can't stand orange alka-seltzer. Dunno why.
                      It's little things that make the difference between 'enjoyable', 'tolerable', and 'gimme a spoon, I'm digging an escape tunnel'.

Comment

Quoth Spork4pedro View Post
                        When I was pregnant, whatever drink I had to take when I went in for my blood tests (I believe it was to check diabetes?) came in 3 flavors. Orange, Fruit Punch, and apparently Vomit. I unfortunately got the last flavor the first try around and couldn't keep it in my mouth. Blech! (I'm gagging a bit just thinking about it! *shudder*) Not sure what the flavor was suppose to be but they just gave me fruit punch which went down fine.

I think it was supposed to be cola flavored.. i had a choice and picked orange since i was told it was the least worst of the 3

Comment

Quoth retailsweetie View Post
                          When my sister and I got sick as children, we were given some kind of liquid medicine that had crushed up aspirin in it.
                          Ew. Aspirin tastes fairly foul all by itself. I would hate to thing of trying to swallow anything with crushed aspirin in it. *shudder*

I even have trouble with coated aspirin. Most likely because there's at least one tablet that's broken inside the bottle, so there's just a little bit of aspirin powder on all of the other pills.

^-.-^
                          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth klhanson View Post
                            I think it was supposed to be cola flavored.. i had a choice and picked orange since i was told it was the least worst of the 3
                            My doctors office only had the orange, but I had no problems with it, it was like drinking thickish Koolaide to me. They did say some women just can't keep it down though. I did forget I had that appointment that day though and ate some toast when I got home from work an few hours before, so it kinda screwed the results up.

Comment

Many many years ago the ex brought home Chlamidia. I don't remember the med I got for it, but it it was NASTY.

This summer, my mom had to take Bactrim, and she swears it's the worst stuff she's ever had to take.
                              Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

My oldest son would refuse to his best ability to take any liquid meds when he was little. He said it would "make his chin quiver." That was the feeling he would get just prior to the meds coming back up. He was also a quick learner when he found out he could take most meds in pill form. Little guy? He loves any med if he thinks it'll get him some attention!

Comment

Working...
                                X