Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Everyone's pain tolerance level is different and will heal at different rates. I know that after I had mine done, even with the 2 additional procedures, I was moving around quite well in about a week. I was actually "off work" 7 weeks, but I continued to go to my karate classes 3 nights a week. I didn't spar or do any hard techniques, but still felt well enough to go and walk myself through my forms and gain instruction. It also helped when the depression set in. Not every woman that has a hysterectomy will go through depression, but it is common. Being around others helped......ALOT!

Comment

I already suffer from depression, so I'm not very worried about that, I might have AT&T come and install Uverse in my bedroom though, if I know me I'll just want to lie around for a while and I don't own a couch to lie on down stairs.
      http://www.customerssuck.com/?m=20080203

My destiny is not pretty, but it's what my cutie mark is telling me.

Comment

Quoth Dasota View Post
        I wish I could find a doctor that would be willing to give me one. I understand why not though based on the fact that I am young(23), and that I also don't have any problems with my reproductive system.
        Docs are very reluctant to do this, and it is considered a violation of the standard of care. Women change their minds about this all the time. Better to have it and not use it than to want it and not have it.

I'm afraid you'll just need to be careful about birth control for a few more years.

As for HappyFunBall, she's got legit medical reasons to need one, and has already had more than one child.

Ask if they are going to leave the ovaries in. The only major thing if they take the ovaries out is you would have to take hormone replacement therapy. Docs usually leave the ovaries in to avoid this because of the link to increased heart disease. We use estrogen and progesterone for other things than reproduction. But ask and be sure.

Good luck!
        They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

IUDs are also excellent, as long as you're cautious about safe(r) sex.
          Seshat's self-help guide:
          1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
          2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
          3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
          4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Unfortunately for me I can't take hormonal birth control (it screws with my liver too much) and condoms have proven to fail more than I am comfortable with. And with having a blood transferable disease, I'm not ok with the copper IUDs which seem to make periods more unpredictable.

Comment

Quoth AccountingDrone View Post
              TMI for delicate little flowers like men
              Pfft. Between my time as an EMT, my time working trauma cleanup, and the birth of my three daughters, there isn't a bodily fluid out there that fazes me.

Good luck with the hysterectomy, HFB.

And Dasota, my wife says she likes her IUD, and she wishes you both her best.
              Last edited by charred; 11-17-2011, 02:08 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

I'm on the Implanon which works wonders at the moment.
                The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth Dasota View Post
                  Unfortunately for me I can't take hormonal birth control (it screws with my liver too much) and condoms have proven to fail more than I am comfortable with. And with having a blood transferable disease, I'm not ok with the copper IUDs which seem to make periods more unpredictable.
                  I actually can take hormonal birth control (and in fact, have to, my entire body goes utterly screwy and haywire without it in a million ways), but...yeah. I know what you mean. I want the ability to have children removed. I do not want kids. I have never wanted kids. And I'm 99.999% sure I will not want kids ever in the future. -sighs- Not to mention, I'm tokophobic.

But no, I couldn't possibly know my own mind.
                  "And so all the night-tide, I lie down by the side of my darling, my darling, my life and my bride!"
                  "Hallo elskan min/Trui ekki hvad timinn lidur"
                  Amayis is my wifey

Comment

Working...
                  X