Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So Gyno visits... What's up with those? (TMI)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not sure how I overlooked that but but yeah I've also never had that happen. What would a gyno be checking in your butt?

Comment

Solumina: it's to get the vagoo in a straighter position. If your butt was ON the table your pelvic bone would be tilted up a bit. Making the vagoo harder to access with the speculum.

Ok.
      Do NOT be embarrassed. Every female has a vagoo. Every female over 18 needs to have a check done on this (first world countries ok). These doctors/professionals doing this are quick, simple, gentle and just get it done.
      These professionals see so many vagoos it's not..enticing. Like someone said, it's like looking into someone's ear. Hey, doctors get their high off of really interesting issues like why is there a seed growing out of someone's scalp. And helping people.

It is a cavity. It is a cavity to check for issues. Just like your nose and throat and ears are.
      How to relax? Slow, steady breathing ahead of time. Smile..YES smile at the nurse taking your stats. The discomfort of the stethoscope is pretty much like the speculum. Annoying, but needed. When you lay down on the table/bed thing, look up at the ceiling and start counting the little dots in the panels. Breathe in and out, remember this is a poke to find lumps. Just like a cat bonking you. Or a dog giving you nudges. That kind of pressure on your breasts. NOTHING sexual here. Again, it's a body part.

Once that's done, you will have to scooch your butt down. Do you know what Kegel exercises are? You'd have to do the exhale part of it. Breathe in, picture your belly button, and as you exhale, draw lines in your head towards your hips. Yeah I'm weird. This is slow breathing in and slowly exhaling. The doc will slide that speculum in. By the way, they are pretty slim. It's to hold your lips apart so the cavity is easier to examine.

Give yourself a treat afterwards. Go have some ice cream or something good.

You will not be sore, the speculum is just enough to help the doc. It's annoying. Not pain omg owowowowowo shiiiit. Just a slow physical push, nothing sexual, nothing special, just a tiny stretch.

Here. Read this. http://drnicoll.com/tag/speculum/
      Last edited by Der Cute; 02-03-2012, 01:23 AM. Reason: add link
      In my heart, in my soul, I'm a woman for rock & roll.
      She's as fast as slugs on barbituates.

Comment

Well if you want BC sans exam, is there a Planned Parenthood in your area? I was on the pill very briefly as a teen and I neither wanted to say that to my mother or have some stranger groping me. So I went in, told them I wanted BC, they had me do a pee test and explained how the pill would straighten out my periods (which is why I was getting on it), and bingo. Three month supply without being poked and prodded.

Honestly, I will probably never go to a GYN myself unless something is falling out of me. Should I ever want back on birth control, I'd return to PP. IMHO the exam is pointless unless you're pregnant, have an STD, getting a pregnancy terminated or have a personal/family history of reproductive cancers.

Comment

Quoth shadowball

Well if you want BC sans exam, is there a Planned Parenthood in your area? I was on the pill very briefly as a teen and I neither wanted to say that to my mother or have some stranger groping me. So I went in, told them I wanted BC, they had me do a pee test and explained how the pill would straighten out my periods (which is why I was getting on it), and bingo. Three month supply without being poked and prodded.

Honestly, I will probably never go to a GYN myself unless something is falling out of me. Should I ever want back on birth control, I'd return to PP. IMHO the exam is pointless unless you're pregnant, have an STD, getting a pregnancy terminated or have a personal/family history of reproductive cancers.
          Attempting to talk the OP out of getting a gynocological exam is not only incredibly irresponsible, it's also very much against the rules of this site.

You know, the rules that were just bumped?

OP - I hope you got all of the advice you need with regard to your exam and good luck. However, I'm sorry - but thread closed.
          Last edited by Peppergirl; 02-03-2012, 02:16 AM.
          "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Working...
          X