This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where in I go to the hospital.

Joyius here, with an unhappy tale of when she went to the hospital. See, she had been throwing up since 3 am in the morning, and could not stop, so she was really exhausted. After finally getting to the hospital, she was almost registered, when the woman registering her got really pissy with her.

I am a seventeen year old girl, as you all know, and this woman just had this snarky attitude about her. We had the person giving me the basic check up call my mom, to give her permission, and he wrote it in the folder, which this woman had sitting in front of her. She gets all pissy with me and tells me that I have to have my mom with me...HOW?! My mom is in WASHINGTON! I'm all the way across the damn country, AWAY from her! And then she asks for my SSN, which I didn't know off the top of my head, so we called my mom again, and this woman just kept glaring at me! Miss, I'm really tired, I've been vomiting since 3 AM, can you NOT act like I'm taking up all your damn "precious" time? So aside from this incident, my brief stay at the hospital didn't go to bad. Joyius was just suffering from severe dehydration and downed TWO bags of saline, within a matter of 25 minutes combined.

And that is how Joyius has learned to try and switch her medical care to not go to Military Hospitals anymore.

Just wrong. I love the staff at my doctor's office. They are all so professional. Sorry you had to deal with her sucky attitude.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Odd, they should have just have gotten your SSN off you Mil ID card.

Comment

Quoth 24601 View Post
        Odd, they should have just have gotten your SSN off you Mil ID card.
        not anymore. the new active duty IDs no longer have them, and I think the dependent IDs now have the sponsor's number instead.

Comment

Ah, didn't know that had changed in the last few years.

Comment

LOL military brat here ... I have known my social , my dad's social and my husbands social - I forget phone numbers, but the social security numbers are burnt into my brain =)

[and the ID for spouse is -30 tacked onto the back end of Rob's social, and -20 tacked onto the back of my dad's social, FWIW.]
            EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

When hubby was still in my ID card had both our socials on it. We're waiting for the retirement paperwork to get new ones right now. His status has changed from med discharge to med retired so we haven't had any for the last few years.

Comment

When I was in the Army, I suddenly got hit with a kidney stone. Very, very painful. The desk person at the hospital had never heard of triage. Kids with the sniffles were going in ahead of me; they all came out with the standard cold medicine pack. I just sat in the waiting room for about an hour and a half grunting in pain. The desk person (apply term loosely, please) kept asking me to hold it down. I was disturbing the children playing in the corner. I mostly hate military hospitals.

Comment

I haven't seen my ex in more than 15 years. Still know his SSN. I know all 4 of my sisters SSN. I know mine of course and both my kids. far as I know, the cat's haven't requested SSN's yet, but give them time.

Comment

Quoth Teskeria View Post
                    I haven't seen my ex in more than 15 years. Still know his SSN. I know all 4 of my sisters SSN. I know mine of course and both my kids. far as I know, the cat's haven't requested SSN's yet, but give them time.
                    That you are aware of...who knows what they get up to when you're not around?
                    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth gbsi View Post
                      When I was in the Army, I suddenly got hit with a kidney stone. Very, very painful. The desk person at the hospital had never heard of triage. Kids with the sniffles were going in ahead of me; they all came out with the standard cold medicine pack. I just sat in the waiting room for about an hour and a half grunting in pain. The desk person (apply term loosely, please) kept asking me to hold it down. I was disturbing the children playing in the corner. I mostly hate military hospitals.

The navy was a bit weird too.

go to medical feeling like crap and they won't let you see a doctor.

but go in and say, "just toss some pills at me so I can get back to work" and they insist the doctor has to see you.

Comment

That's crazy; you're old enough to serve your country, but need mom's permission for medical treatment! (I went in the AF at 17 with parental permission, but they never had to contact my parents for medical treatment; maybe things were different 13 years ago?)

Hope you're feeling better.
                        "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

My Dad got so pissed off at the base hospital when I was a young child (Under the age of 2). My parents took me in with a high temperature that they could not get to come down (later found out to be Measles) and were told to sit in the waiting room. The base commander's wife came in a few minutes later with a sore thumb (Dad said it was a bad hang nail) and she was taken straight back. This was 45+ years ago

Comment

I went in to the hospital with a bright red, hard, hot-to-the-touch breast, fever and extreme lassitude. A (my wife) was, at the time, recovering from a nasty schizoaffective episode, but told D (my husband - yes, there's three of us) that she could hold it together long enough to get me seen to.

Well, if not for a VERY nasty triage nurse, she probably could have. Said triage nurse accused me of faking the lassitude and inability to focus enough to speak properly.
                            Then came over - because A was crying quietly and holding my hands and visibly worrying - and bluntly, even brutally, told A to stop her crying, she was disturbing the others in the waiting room.

<le sigh>

Well, the doctor (when triage finally let me in the back) wouldn't let me go until he'd seen my fever go down and seen me take in a full bag of saline and another of IV antibiotics. And I suspect he had words with triage about believing patients.
                            Seshat's self-help guide:
                            1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                            2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                            3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                            4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Working...
                            X