X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wrong number

This wasn't sucky, just bizarre.

I was in a patient's room with a student giving care to the patient when the room's phone rang. My student answered the phone (the patient wasn't able to do so) and spoke to a woman who was trying to reach someone who was not the patient. He had to tell her three times she had the wrong number, even when she repeated the number she was trying to reach (which was not a hospital number).

We couldn't figure out how she got connected to the patient's room. You can't call in directly; you have to go through the hospital operator.

The same woman called two other patient rooms that day, looking for some person who was not a patient in the hospital. We couldn't convince her she had the wrong number.
    They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

The phone really seems to make people stupider. It's as if by asking the same question not once, not twice, but thrice you will eventually convince the person on the other end to give up the cherade and admit that your princess really is in this castle.

Comment

Working...
    X