This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kind of a Mental Health question

Sorry if this is an inappropriate question or not one that this forum was intended for but I am kind of embarrassed and the anonymity the internet can provide is appealing. With in the past year I have started a habit of what I guess one would classify as self harm when I become depressed. Only bruising, scraping, and scratching. I was thinking about talking to the university therapist because I think we get 6 free sessions per year. I am holding off because my life is not in any real danger and sometimes I think that my occasional depression is more the result of some psychosomatic response to knowing the symptoms or something. I guess my question is should I even bother someone with this? It just seems like I would be taking time from someone who needs it.

Yes, bother with it. Especially before it becomes something more.

And if there are folks who need more help than you do the therapist will have a way of getting them that help. For now take care of yourself.
    Meeeeoooow.....
    Still missing you, Plaid

Comment

Yes, you should see someone. The university therapist. Go, now. Anonymity with a professional is an expected right. Nobody here that I know of is a trained therapist.

Rapscallion

Comment

Working...
      X