This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth AccountingDrone View Post
    took my breakfast plate into the bathroom ...decided to eliminate the middleman.
    I feel for ya, but that's hilarious!

Quoth AccountingDrone View Post
    if it were men that had to deal with the icky bits of pregnancy, they would have found a way to turn off the menses...
    These kinds of things are fun to say, I guess, but let's not forget that even if men were so self-centered as to not have empathy for women suffering these things, there are certainly plenty of women biologists, doctors, geneticists, etc.

Comment

Hope everything is going well and that the rest of the pregnancy is uneventful.

Comment

Bleeding seems to have stopped. Just waiting now for my next appointment.

Bed rest kinda blows, doesn't it? >.<
        My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

I had the same thing happen to me when I was about 7 months pregnant. Totally freaked me out. I spent the rest of my pregnancy on modified bed rest. They told me they thought it was a partial abruption (I found out later that it kinda runs in the family). But when I gave birth, they looked and said that is most likely wasn't an abruption and no clue what it was.

When I went into the hospital for the bleeding the hospital doctors told me that it was hosiptal policy was to keep me there until I wasn't bleeding for at least 5-7 days. Thankfully my OB doctor said she only wanted me to stay two days after I stopped bleeding. If I followed hospital policy I would have stayed in the hospital for almost two weeks. I was going insane after two days much less two weeks.

After I left the hospital I had to go to my doctor's office twice a week and have a stress test to confirm my baby was still alive and kicking (literally). After working from home for over a month and barely getting out of the house, I was so happy when my son came a week early.

Comment

Well, I started bleeding again yesterday.

I've got my appointment with my doctor this week moved up to today. So this will be enlightening, I hope.
            My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

Had that appointment, and a different ultrasound method was used this time. Turns out we were right the first time. It is an abruption, and there's blood behind the placenta. Bed rest was extended another two weeks, and we just have to wait and see what it does.
              » Horse Words «·» Roleplaying Stuff «

Comment

Quoth KabeRinnaul View Post
                Had that appointment, and a different ultrasound method was used this time. Turns out we were right the first time. It is an abruption, and there's blood behind the placenta. Bed rest was extended another two weeks, and we just have to wait and see what it does.
                Talk to your OB and his nurse about what kind of exercises you can do in the bed to prevent muscle weakness, blood clots, and bone loss (all risks of prolonged bed rest). There are some things that you can do to reduce these risks, but you should get specific information from your own provider on this.
                They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Working...
                X