This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turning a negative into a positive

It's amazing how just one little thing can brighten someone's day.

I was leaving the shopping centre this morning, going up an escalator, when I was passed by two people in a hurry. I wasn't walking up the escalator because my knees aren't keen on the idea, and somehow (even though I stayed over to the side, leaving plenty of room for them to pass) the two people who jogged past me must have felt that I was in their way because there was clearly disapproving mutters as they brushed past.

By the time I got to the doors leading outside, they were in their car (which was parked very close to the exit) and had their reverse lights on in readiness to back out of their disabled spot.

Although I moved past them as quickly as I could, they clearly still felt that they were being held up because, as they waited, half-out of the disabled spot, I could see the male driver fling his hands impatiently in the air.

Once the way was clear, they drove off, only to pull up just as they came up level with me. I thought they were going to get abusive and so glanced at them out of the corner of my eye to be ready for anything.

The driver jumped out of the car - and reached across the windscreen, pulling off a ticket that had been stuck under the wiperblade, one presumes for parking in a disabled spot without a permit. He slammed the car door shut again once he was back inside and flung the ticket onto the dashboard. I could seem him swearing, even if I couldn't hear it.

I managed not to laugh until I got into the car.
    "Bring me knitting!" (The Doctor - not the one you were expecting)

Love it when karma bites!

Comment

ahhhh.... delicious schadenfreude. When the misery is deserved, there's nothing like it.

Comment

First off, to stupid illegal handicapped space parking guy,

Secondly, when did it become the thing to walk up escalators? I don't remember this from when I was growing up. I always thought that escalators were invented so you wouldn't have to walk up stairs. Besides, the risers on escalators are much higher than your average stair case. I encounter this daily on my commute. If it's wide enough, I stay to the right, but some escalators are too old and narrow for that.
        "If you pray very hard, you can become a cat person." -Angela, "The Office"

Comment

That is excellent.

Comment

I've never walked up an escalator. That's not what they're for.

Granted, there are no such fancy things in this part of Cheeselandialand, but if you go the airport in Minnesota or the Mall of America, they're everywhere.
            You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth Pixilated View Post
              Love it when karma bites!
              Indeed! Pity he will not learn his lesson; that type never do.
              I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
              My LiveJournal
              A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Working...
              X