This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You can't wait two seconds

Last week I was in a small city supermarket in Melbourne, where the front is 85% self checkouts with 3-4 operator checkouts and there's the one line for both.

Anyway, I go into the supermarket to get a bottle of water, and when it's my turn to be served, the next available register is an operator one. So I head over and complete my transaction.

Wanting to make this quick, I pay by PayPass, but before I'm even able to tap my debit card for the transaction, the next customer is already at the counter piling up her groceries and throwing her shopping bags at the operator telling him how she wants her groceries packed.

If I wasn't in a hurry, I probably would have made a 'hello, current customer still here, back in line' comment', but I couldn't believe that she just totally ignored the fact the operator was still serving me and just started loading up and barking instructions!
    the end of an era is not the completion of a destiny. Momentum comes when we believe the best for the future, we keep speaking life into the future, and we commit to the future - Brian Houston

People did that all the time to me when I worked at the grocery store.

It's like, a person couldn't even get all their grocery bags together and I couldn't wish them a good day without the next idiot in line screaming "Double bag the milk and don't you dare squash my bread!"
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Working...
    X