Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

well, ain't you a smart one? (as seen on craigslist)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• well, ain't you a smart one? (as seen on craigslist)

"best buy part time (city)

If you or anyone you know work for best buy and they want to make some extra money I need them to purchase a tv for me using their employee discount! Best buy employees save a ton of money on open box tvs. If you are willing to purchase the tv I will give you some extra $. Not a scam just hate paying full price! email if interested"

really bro?

why don't they just get a job there then?

although it makes me wonder.... could also be a setup since IIRC it's against company policy to resell discount items like that

Comment

Yeah. Hubby works for Best Buy and he guards his discount harder than I guarded my virginity.

Apparently, they beat the " no sharing your discount" rule during orientation. He barely buys me stuff. Lol.

Could def be a scam though.

Comment

They did the same thing at Mal-Wart when I worked for them.

They would fire you on the spot if you let someone else use their discount other than family.

B
        "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."- Albert Einstein.
        I never knew how happy paint could make people until I started selling it.

Comment

Bloomingdales had the same rule when I worked for them. They lightened up a little bit around Christmas time if we were buying gifts, but other than that, all purchases were to be for ourselves or our immediate family (parents/spouse/children).
          At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

Quoth mathnerd View Post
            Bloomingdales had the same rule when I worked for them. They lightened up a little bit around Christmas time if we were buying gifts, but other than that, all purchases were to be for ourselves or our immediate family (parents/spouse/children).
            Military exchanges/commisaries are like that. I know that a lot of the food we get is about a third off the price of civilian food. Not that big a deal in the US, but overseas, somewhere like Japan with it's sky high meat prices being able to buy meat at US prices is a hell of a savings. [or so I understand, never got stationed in Japan, damn it. ]
            EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Yep. Rice is a good example - much pricier in Japanese stores than in the commissary. One of my coworkers gave his landlady a 20 pound bag as a gift. (gifts are allowed just not reselling). and the price has gone up in the last year too

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
                Yep. Rice is a good example - much pricier in Japanese stores than in the commissary. One of my coworkers gave his landlady a 20 pound bag as a gift. (gifts are allowed just not reselling). and the price has gone up in the last year too
                My best friend's family grows rice and strawberries in shizuoka. Strawberries are sold to the public, rice is strictly family only. With the price raising, his family got away and saved a looott of money

Comment

My store has the same policy, but mom's are exempt. not really, but we all buy stuff for our mom's - but then again, no one has to know she actually pays me for it, rather than me giving it as a gift. I've used my disocunt several times getting stuff for my cousins too and they pay me, but not all that often, and sometimes they will just buy using whatever customer promo is on at the time.

Comment

Working...
                  X