This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sightings on my Day off.

Took a day off today, not that I really wanted to, but when you find yourself staring at a computer screen watching the same thirty seconds of movie clip over and over and over and over...well, it's a sign you need a break.

So, these are some things, all minor, that I picked up while out and about today. Some made my head hurt. If you've had similar, or have seen similar, please share:

Engrish at its Best. Walked into a chinese restruant to pick up some food for my mum and pop while I was going to be out. Happened to notice two boxes on the counter. One read in big letters. "SMELL" the other had "LURG" written on it. Translation: Small, Large.

Credit Woes later, I decided to eat my dinner at Krystals. The gentleman in front of me was throwing a fit. From the best I can tell, he wanted to pay with a credit card, even though there was a huge sign above the register that said the store didn't accept credit cards. His argument was, Visa was accepted everywhere. (Not here apparently.)

Shopping Cart's Revenge Not sure what started this one off, but as I wandered into one of the malls, I paused to watch a shopping cart slowly meandering down the road. A security guard pulled up beside me and we stood there watching. The cart moved of its own accord, meandring down the path and even seeming to turn to avoid a sign and some traffic before making a bee line for a very expensive brand new mercedes. It hit with enough force to leave a dent. Guard looked at me and grinned. "Door Ding Gnomes at work." He then left. (note, the cart was some 30 feet away from me when I first saw it and moving further away, so no, I couldn't catch it in time)

Mind the Gap Young man in front of me was trying to show off to some very pretty girls. So he was riding the escalator backwards as he chatted them up. At the top of the ride, he was so engrossed with the girls, that he never moved to step off. Feet stopped, he did not. From his cursing, I suspect he has learned newton's law of stupidity: "That for each and every stupid action, there is an equal and opposite painful reaction."

My god, what IS that thing? Personal account here: Decided to buy an energy drink whose can said proudly that it was quote "Engineered for good taste." The flavor was cherry. At least...I think it was cherry. Taking a sip of this drink, instantly I felt my gag reflexes sieze and I proceded to scrunch my face up and make a "Tch!" sound. The stuff was beyond nasty. In fact, it rather tasted like Cough Syrup. Hours later, I still had that taste in my mouth. Good taste my ass.
    Learn wisdom by the follies of others.

Quoth repsac View Post
    Hours later, I storture rack had that taste in my mouth.
    ...What's that now?

EDIT: Whoa. "storture rack" is everywhere. April Fools?
    Last edited by Discourtesy Clerk; 04-01-2007, 07:49 AM. Reason: Huh?
    Discourtesy Clerk, purveyor of fine hay bales, pine scented douche and stuff that's not in bins since July 2006.

Comment

Quoth Discourtesy Clerk View Post
      ...What's that now?

That would be s-t i l l
      http://www.customerssuck.com/board/s...ead.php?t=9846
      not a native speaker of the English language, but trying!

Comment

Ah, engineered food.
        You're not doing me a favor by eating here. I'm doing you a favor by feeding you.

Comment

Quoth repsac View Post
          "Door Ding Gnomes at work."

It is my belief that those who fall victim to the Door Ding Gnomes are usually the ones who have left a cart in the middle of the parking lot or something at some point.

I always return my carts to the proper place, partly because of that, and partly because I worked at Kroger for 2 years and it's ingrained in my system now.
          ~*~"If your gift is that of serving others, serve them well. If you are a teacher, do a good job of teaching." -Romans 12:7~*~

Comment

Are they related to the gas pedal gnomes that make people get into accidents minutes after complaining I drive too slow? (Ergo going 90 in a 90 zone)
            Now would be a good time to visit So Very Unofficial!

"I've had so many nasty customers this week, my bottomless pit is now ankle-deep."-Me.

Comment

Quoth repsac View Post
              His argument was, Visa was accepted everywhere. (Not here apparently.)
              Er... Visa's slogan is "Visa, Everywhere you want to be", isn't it? I guess that guy didn't really WANT to be at Krystal's.

Shironu, where do you live that you have 90 M/K? PH zones handy?
              Last edited by Imogene; 04-01-2007, 04:34 PM. Reason: Forgot who I was talking to
              "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Quoth Discourtesy Clerk View Post
                ...What's that now?

Yup. The original was supposed to be "T1LL" turned into "TORTURE RACK". But that meas that "ST1LL" ends up as "STORTURE RACK".

Comment

Quoth Juwl View Post
                  Shironu, where do you live that you have 90 M/K? PH zones handy?
                  90 KM/H.
                  I live in Quebec.
                  Now would be a good time to visit So Very Unofficial!

"I've had so many nasty customers this week, my bottomless pit is now ankle-deep."-Me.

Comment

Quoth repsac View Post
                    Mind the Gap Young man in front of me was trying to show off to some very pretty girls. So he was riding the escalator backwards as he chatted them up. At the top of the ride, he was so engrossed with the girls, that he never moved to step off. Feet stopped, he did not. From his cursing, I suspect he has learned newton's law of stupidity: "That for each and every stupid action, there is an equal and opposite painful reaction."
                    Damn, I love it when stuff like this happens.
                    I know I'm laughing but it's really not funny. - Me
                    "I was in the hall. I know, because I was there." - Clue

Comment

*sigh* I had some jerk do that to me on Saturday. I went to the grocery store to feed my habit (you know, eating to stay alive)... I drove into this parking space that had another free space opposite, so I had planned to drive through to the other space.. only some guy was busy loading his groceries into his minivan and his cart was taking up half the space. No big deal, I parked in the first space, smiled and waved to the guy when he looked up at me, and got out of the car.

The asswipe LEFT HIS CART in the parking space when he left, so I *STILL* couldn't drive through. I grumbled while I was putting his cart away until I realized that he thought he was being a smart ass and just by moving the car 10 feet to the corral (that was RIGHT NEXT to the spot he'd been parked in), I'd outsmarted him. Felt better after that, and drove on through.
                      GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

Working...
                      X