Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else encounter this at full-serve gas stations?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oregon, I believe, is the only state that requires full service stations. I don't know how to pump my own gas and I'm 31. :grin: Yeah, I don't get to travel outside the state much. However, I have my gas cap on the passenger side and no one has ever tried to get me to roll down the passenger side window (which is good, since even though I drive a 2002 Pontiac, it has manual windows.)

Comment

Quoth Barracuda View Post
      Oregon, I believe, is the only state that requires full service stations. I don't know how to pump my own gas and I'm 31. :grin: Yeah, I don't get to travel outside the state much. However, I have my gas cap on the passenger side and no one has ever tried to get me to roll down the passenger side window (which is good, since even though I drive a 2002 Pontiac, it has manual windows.)
      And NJ - those are the only two.

Comment

Quoth Catwoman2965 View Post
        As am I. And honestly, it really doesn't bother me which side they come to. Many times, there are 8-10 pumps and two attendants, so they are running back and forth like headless chickens. if coming to the passenger side (where my tank is) saves them a few seconds, so be it.

And Gaki, when I got my first car, and went back to college in MD, I asked a friend to come with me when I had to get gas, since I had no clue how to do it. Sometimes I'm confused as no two pumps are alike, but I can usually figure it out unlike some of my co-residents are can't be bothered.

I can understand if it's a busy station... but I've had these lazy bums do it when I'm literally the only car filling up. I usually avoid the bigger stations, anyway, as the smaller ones usually have better prices.

Comment

I was in Oregon for a couple weeks last fall, and boy was it weird not to pump my own gas. I made my friend come with me the first time I needed to fill my tank because I wasn't sure how to use a full-service station. Even after a few fill ups, it still felt weird.
          At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

Working...
          X