This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fish shop psycho

So there is a small privately owned fish and chip shop near where we live. The owners are a somewhat elderly couple. Been there decades, as far as I know. The 'never-hurt-a-fly' kind.

Well. Earlier today I witnessed an SC so appalling that I wanted so badly to be able to take out one of their pieces of fish and slap her across the face with it.

FL - Fish shop lady [elderly owner]
    FG - Fish shop guy [also quite elderly]
    SC - angry lady who apparently hates the world

NOTE - I was there with a friend, I wasn't buying anything, was just waiting with him while he picked up his lunch.

FL, to SC - 'Hi, what could I get for you today?'

SC, physically raising her nose into the air - 'Yes, you will give me two pieces of your best fish, a large helping of hot chips, four meat pies and a large bottle of coke'

FL - 'Certainly, and what kind of...'

*SC interrupts FL and raises her voice, holding her nose even further up in the air*

SC - 'I will only take our freshest pieces of fish, the fish must have been caught today. I do not want to see a single burnt chip. I do not want to see a single soggy chip. I don't pay good money to eat rubbish. The meat pies will be home made, I presume? I don't eat pre-packaged or frozen garbage. And I do not want my bottle of coke to be shaken at all. Here'

*literally THROWS a huge handful of coins at FL...the coins fall and clatter EVERYWHERE, on both sides of counter, some roll under the counter*

SC - *HUGH DRAMATIC SIGH* 'Hurry up and give me my change server!'

*At this point, my friend and I have scrambled to help pick up the coins, and are trying to also keep our jaws off the floor. To her credit, FL responds to SC, keeping her voice calm and steady*

FL - 'Please do not throw your money at me. Now in regards to your order, our piece is brought in daily and I can assure you it is fresh. Our chips are cooked in a built fryer, I'm sorry but I cannot guarantee that some will not get burnt or be a bit soggy, they're all just cooked together. With the pies...'

*SC cut off FL again*

FL - 'Server are you deaf? I TOLD you...'

*At this point FL's husband [FG] came out. We hadn't seen him but it appears he was out the back the whole time, listening to what was going on*

FG, still maintaining a polite tone, while handing SC her huge pile of collected change back - 'I'm sorry ma'am, I'm going to have to ask you to leave. While we are here to serve you your food, I don't appreciate you calling my wife 'server', and I don't believe that we can meet your demands regarding your food, they seem quite unreasonable'

SC - 'EXCUSE ME, I'm the customer and I've given you my order, so you WILL serve me!'

FG - 'Please leave ma'am'

SC - 'I will NOT leave without my order, and it WILL be made how I like it!'

FG - 'Ma'am please leave otherwise I will be forced to call the police'

Surprisingly...SC did in fact huff and puff and leave at this stage. I was convinced it was going to get [even more] nasty.

All in all...she was just SO incredibly self-entitled! A total bitch! With her stupid nose in the air, talking like she was a freakin' princess....it was disgusting and appalling. I have no idea who she thought she was, or why she thought she was entitled to act that way.
    Last edited by iradney; 05-10-2013, 06:16 AM.

She was probably looking for something to complain about to get compensation from management. By couching her order in those ridiculous demands she can demand a refund if when they aren't met. So glad the husband threw her out.

Comment

I disagree. That woman was not a bitch. She was a disease-riddled cunt!

Comment

Kudos to the shop owners for refusing to kowtow to that harpy's demands! An extra to that fine gentleman for standing up for his wife and threatening to call the police on that SC!

This is what's great about running your own business: you can tell SCs to take a hike. You don't have to bend over backwards for them because Corporate tells you to. You also don't have to worry about them spreading a bad word against you, because someone who's an asshole to you is likely an asshole to everyone else, and doesn't have any friends to tell.
        I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
        My LiveJournal
        A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Ye gods, what century was she living in??

Or, to quote Mr. Mash, "Queen Victoria's dead, you know!"

I'm not surprised she left when the husband mentioned calling the police. Why, that might mean she'd be spending time in a nasty cell with the even nastier riffraff!

Comment

Good on Fish Shop Guy for throwing that bitch out!
            Seriously, people like her make me sick.

Comment

Quoth Grendus View Post
              She was probably looking for something to complain about to get compensation from management. By couching her order in those ridiculous demands she can demand a refund if when they aren't met. So glad the husband threw her out.
              I don't think she would have gotten too far, seeing as she was being kicked out by the "management"....
              It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

What do you want to bet she went to a few other places, with that same attitude? I hope every single place threw her out.
                When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Demanding staff do whatever you want usually doesn't work out well. It doesn't fly at my store. Management will put you in your place.
                  "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Is it wrong of me to envision the FG pushing all of her change right to her, and "accidentally" fail to stop pushing once the change had reached the end of the counter...?
                    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Makes me wonder if someone else was there, recording video...

Comment

Working...
                      X