Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Then maybe you should close the door...

So, I was at a local discount clothing store to get a couple pairs of pants that I can wear at my new job (jeans, cargo pants.)

While trying on various items of clothing I had picked up, I would occasionally slip out of the stall (clothed, obviously) to check the tri-fold mirror down at the end of the hall o' stalls.

One of these times, I noticed a woman was trying things on (bathing suits, of all things too) with her door wide, freaking, open.

Now, the associate set to help the fitting rooms (both sides) was male. Basically all helpers do is hang around at the end of the hall and wait to see if someone needs them to grab a different size of an item (item is thrown over the top of the door for them to grab and search) and to take things that don't fit/the person doesn't want.

I had no issue with him being male. He was being very respectful to every lady that walked in and stayed out of the fitting stall hall except when someone called for a size check. I also spotted him in the mirror (when he came for a size check when I was oogling my own butt =P) keeping his eyes straight to the floor while in there. {Something I thought unnecessary, but I could see why he did it.}

No other lady seemed to have an issue at all, and a few even joked with him about "having the good assignment today."

Except the lady who left her FRACKING DOOR OPEN. When he noticed the door was open, he stayed out of the hall completely until she had left (because she obviously wasn't going to close the damn door, for whatever reason.)

I was tempted to slam it on her on one of my trips to the tri-fold mirror, but... he seemed to just want to avoid a scene with that person entirely, so I restrained myself.

Which I wish I hadn't done.

Later as I was going to buy my pants, I see lady talking angrily to a manager, who looked concerned and very confused. Using my super-secret-ninja-stealth (IE, pretending to browse racks while I b-lined for earshot), I evesdropped into a conversation where crazy, exhibitionist lady was accusing the attendant of spying on her and that she could sue for sexual harassment etc. so forth.

Me: You've got to be kidding me!
    Manager: Excuse me?
    Me: He didn't even go into the hall while she was trying stuff on!
    Manager: He didn't?
    CEL: *HUGE catbutt face* How would you know?
    Me: I was in there while you were catbutt face (yeah I shouldn't have said that, but I did.)
    CEL: *Turns red with rage*
    Manager: Why didn't he go in there? He should've--
    Me: Because she was changing with her door wide open! Hell I walked by and got a huge eyesore of granny panties without even having to turn my head!
    CEL: Why you--
    Manager: Ma'am, first of all; if he wasn't even in the hall, he couldn't have been spying on you. Second of all; it's not spying if you leave your door wide open for everyone to see.
    Me: *skips off merrily to buy my pants in a now terrific mood*

I'm still in a terrific mood. Bought myself Qdoba to celebrate the undoing of crazy, exhibitionist catbutt face lady.
    My Writing Blog -Updated 05/06/2013
    It's so I can get ideas out of my head, I decided to put it in a blog in case people are bored or are curious as to the (many) things in progress.

I strongly suspect she was trying to intimidate herself into a bargain by playing up non-existent harassment.

There's a special place in Hell for people who do that, since most of them have no idea what genuine harassment is like, and what a disservice it is to those who get it to falsely claim it.
    - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

What I like most is that she... can't really do anything against another customer for proving her wrong. perfect pwnage

Comment

Actually, it's a good thing you didn't slam the door on her, because she has now been publicly pwned -- she's aware that both the store manager AND another customer know she was bullshitting. Good going on your part!

Comment

Excellent serving of PWNADE(TM) there, Ambrosia!
          PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Excellent!

I hate to think of what might have happened if you weren't willing to be Super-Awesome-Ninja-Customer!

Comment

Yeah, over the past year or so (out of college) I've grown far more intolerant of poor behavior and far more confident to do something about it.

Before I'd just shake my head and walk away - as it didn't concern me - but recently I've thought myself, "Well it does concern me! I'm going to make it concern me."

I would hate for that nice guy to get in trouble because of some compensation sniffer. I would've been less angry if it was just a "he was rude" lie, but to claim sexual harassment just takes it waaaaay too far in my opinion. You try to ruin some innocent person's life with that kind of slander, you'll get me in your face.
              My Writing Blog -Updated 05/06/2013
              It's so I can get ideas out of my head, I decided to put it in a blog in case people are bored or are curious as to the (many) things in progress.

Comment

Quoth Argabarga View Post
                There's a special place in Hell for people who do that, since most of them have no idea what genuine harassment is like, and what a disservice it is to those who get it to falsely claim it.
                And let's not forget the possibility of the falsely-accused person actually losing his means of feeding and housing himself. That alone is enough to warrant that special circle in Hell.

Have customers been turning a new shade of horrible lately? I mean, first there was that b*tch who said that horribly cruel thing to Tilly, and now this.

Comment

Oh, and GOOD FOR YOU, AmbrosiaWriter!

Comment

Haha I love it! My guess is that she did that on purpose. I mean who changes into bathing suits with the dressing room door open?? Unless they WANT to be seen.
                    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Agh! Total useless sack of shit . . . you don't qualify as human if you think it's ok to slap the label of sex offender on someone just to get a discount at a discount store!!!!
                      They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
                        Unless they WANT to be seen.
                        Exactly. I bet she was ticked that he didn't ogle her. She wanted an ego boost and didn't get one, so she decided to punish him.
                        "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Way to to AmbrosiaWriter! Kudos to the manager as well for not caving in as well. serves that woman right! Also, sorry you had to see that view of her, ugh. It's one thing to have the door open while changing, but with swimsuits!? Have some decency please!
                          Some people just need a high five...

In the face with the back of a chair....

Comment

I admit, if I'm doing a quick test of a top, I might not bother with the door, but I always wear sports bras that don't show anything off anyway, and it's just in, check, out. But yeah, losing the pants? Door's shut, locked, and barricaded.
                            "Maybe the problem just went away...maybe it was the magical sniper fairy that comes and gives silenced hollow point rounds to people who don't eat their vegetables."

Comment

Wait, you actually said "catbutt" to her face? HA! That's awesome!

By the way, what IS catbutt face?

Comment

Working...
                              X