This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Usual Wally World SC Annoyance **WARNING: B***hy and Whiny**

Saturday afternoon I went to WM to return a keyboard.

[backstory] My husband spilled cereal into the computer keyboard. This, of course, is after telling the kids to never eat or drink around the computer.

He called me while I was out with the kids, late, and the only store open was the 24-hour WM. [aside] I normally avoid WM, for all the usual reasons, but no computer makes me REALLY unhappy.[/aside]

The kids were actually happy, as WM had a LEGO set that Target did not, and because they'd been so good I bought it for them. We then headed back to electronics. I grabbed the Logitech keyboard, we checked out, headed home.

When we got home, I found that the keyboard was a PS2, not USB. We do have a PS2 connector (computer's about 4 1/2 years old), but we'd had some conflicts when using a PS2 keyboard, so we stick to USB. I felt like a complete idiot for not checking, and planned to take the keyboard back.[/backstory]

I dropped the boys with $10 in the in-store McD's (older son with cell phone), and headed to the other side of the store for customer service. There was a line. Okay, that's life in CS at WM. The CSR was experienced, knew what she was doing, and was keeping the line moving, until SHE appeared. SHE was not in line in front of me when I first joined the line, but SHE suddenly jumped in line, to a spot being held by a friend/relative two spots in front of me. And SHE had returns, multiple returns, multiple exchanges, multiple receipts, but not all the receipts.

CSR obviously knows her well, and just starts slamming everything through. Yea! At end of transaction, the register asks for HER ID. Boo! Because SHE does not have it. SHE knew SHE was going to return those items, but SHE left HER purse with all HER ID, money, etc. in HER car, in the extremely full parking lot.

The line is growing. The line is becoming annoyed. People are showing up wanting to send moneygrams. One elderly lady takes a seat on a bench. My son is calling me wanting to know how long I'm going to be. (When I told him, he happily bought himself an extra order of fries and bought an ICEE for his little brother. I ended up just getting a few coins in change back from my $10. Kid's too smart. )

CSR calls for CSM. CSM does not respond. CSR leaves the department to find a manager. The mutterings in line indicate SHE should have planned ahead, but WE know that SCs never, ever do that. SHE finally decides to go get HER purse.

CSR returns with manager, but manager is not logged as in, so register will not clear. I'm contemplating the dent I can put in HER head with the keyboard I'm returning. I'm ready to give up the full return money in exchange for the dent, but I decide that it would be better for my children if I stay out of jail.

Finally, a second CSR comes in and starts clearing out the rest of the line. Just as the new CSR arrives, SHE returns with her ID. At that point, a manager who can clear the register arrives. Where were all these people 20 minutes ago? Oh, yeah, being annoyed and abused by other SCs (I can only assume).

What should have been a simple return (I had the receipt. The keyboard, disk and instructions are still in plastic in the box) becomes (after a total 30-minute wait) another mark on the chalkboard of why I won't be going back to Wally World, except on pain of death.
    Labor boards have info on local laws for free
    HR believes the first person in the door
    Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
    Document everything
    CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Gahh!!! There's just no words for people as inconsiderate as this "lady."
    "If you are planning not to tip, please let your server know before ordering so they can decide whether or not to wait on you" - from an advice column I read some time ago

Comment

Working...
    X