This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want to be an SC so bad..

Last week I bought a Trimmer/Edger/Blower combo kit from Sears for 199. I get their sale flyer today and find it is now 169 and includes a free power start (35). I want to march in there with my receipt and demand they give me the new sale price.

But I am a reasonable person who will not do this. Temptation is bad though.

Turns out, after a look at Sears webpage that I can walk in and get the new sales price. No SCing necessary.

Comment

See? Sometimes virtue is not its only reward! Kudos to you on your keeping your cool!

Comment

A lot of places where if you buy something within a set amount of time will give you the lower price if your nice, have the ad, and your reciept.

Comment

Yup, something like this happened to day, only with a tablet and $100 in price diff. Just explained to him that the place he bought it from has this little thing that if it goes on sale 14 days after you purchased it, all you do is take in your receipt and they'll refund the difference.

I got a call from him the next day saying he'd gotten that $100 back and only needed the receipt. He didn't even have to raise a ruckus.

Umm.. I was the one that told you about it, Dad!
          If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

Quoth Aethian View Post
            A lot of places where if you buy something within a set amount of time will give you the lower price if your nice, have the ad, and your reciept.
            Macy's did something like that when I worked there, although I believe the customer had to bring the receipt in within 10 days.

Comment

The boutique I was at does the same thing, although unofficially. As long as you came in within the normal return period (14 days) with the receipt, we'd treat it as a return-repurchase kinda deal.

Comment

Pretty cool that you were able to go in and get the discounted stoof :3 Always good to be rewarded while being the nice person, eh?

Comment

It never hurts to ask.

Often, if a salesperson/manager has the power to do something to quiet a sucky customer, they'll bend over backwards to do it for the rare nice one.

Many of us would, after all.
                  Seshat's self-help guide:
                  1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                  2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                  3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                  4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Price adjustment? I give them all the time. I just don't remember to check if anything I have bought has gone on sale. But my customers do.
                    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
                      Price adjustment? I give them all the time. I just don't remember to check if anything I have bought has gone on sale. But my customers do.
                      So do mine.

Mine also like to bitch when there's nobody to help them on the salesfloor or at the registers, because price adjustments count against our sales.
                      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

When I use to do the grocery game I always bought everything on the last day of the ad just so I could get in the ten days that are normal around here. Use to save a bunch and eat like a queen.

Comment

Quoth ReverendBSB View Post
                          Turns out, after a look at Sears webpage that I can walk in and get the new sales price. No SCing necessary.
                          That's what I was wondering after i read your original post.

Many stores let you do this if an item goes on sale within a week of the purchase. I think it's partially because, if it's still within the return period they can reprocess the order.... and if they don't well you can return it and then they have nothing.

and of course it never hurts to ask.
                          one doesn't necessarily have to go "SC"

Simply saying, "I just bought this <item> last week and noticed it's on sale today. Is there any way I can get the sale price? Perhaps return it and repurchase it if necessary?" ... might do the trick.

Although if you do the return/repurchase method, make sure there's enough on the account to purchase the item a second time. Returns don't always put the money back onto the account right away.
                          Last edited by PepperElf; 05-29-2013, 04:42 PM.

Comment

I have to bump this because my wonderful customers have taken this whole price adjustment thing to new depths of absurdity.

We have a Lowest Price of the Season sale coming later this week. Prices for certain school supplies will be lowered even further for this event (notebooks from 14 cents to 10 cents, folders, pencils, crayons etc being lowered in price by a few cents apiece). Many families have already started or finished their Back to School shopping.

And they will all be back in for price adjustments. They'll come strolling in with their receipts as long as my legs (no pics ) and stand up at the service desk for 10 minutes as every item on the receipt is returned and then re-rung. And the total savings will only be about two or three dollars. Meanwhile the checkout lanes are a swarming mass of humanity and God help us if a cashier runs into a problem that requires one of the service desk people to fix, because they're stuck at their own register doing price adjustments.

I hate price adjustments because they cut into our sales, and because they can be disruptive in a busy sale like the one coming up. But they aren't going away.
                            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

You would think these people would have learned to wait for the bigger sale....
                              When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Working...
                              X