This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dumb shoplifters

So today in our fair town was the grand opening of a chain music store which we shall dub "Mandolin Hub" for the purposes of this post. I read posts on FB about the ridiculous lines waiting for them to open. They were incredibly busy.

We have a small group of guests who were working security at the opening. Our city's finest also had a presence there due to the crowds. The security boss who paid for the rooms told me three people were arrested today.

My guest was standing near a doorway talking to an officer when they spotted one of the shoplifters. He was trying to get away with a rather large amplifier, an amplifier which they had seen him pick up since they were standing rather close by. Not exactly something you can tuck under your shirt or something. Probably kinda heavy, too. And while my guest was plainclothes, the police officer he was conversing with was fully uniformed, yet our genius criminal did not seem deterred by this in any way. He was arrested just outside the door.

My guest didn't personally witness the other shoplifting attempts, but from what I understand they also had gone for big-items-that-you-can't-hide, apparently in the hopes that it would be too crowded to notice (apparently it wasn't).
    Last edited by bhskittykatt; 05-31-2013, 04:13 AM.
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Probably thought it would be like certain other stores, where the employees aren't allowed to go after the shoplifters even when they see them walking out carrying something they obviously haven't paid for. You'd think the presence of a uniformed officer would have made them think twice, but I guess not.
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Working...
    X