This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No curbside service here!

At the big box hardware store, we don't do curbside service. That is, if you park your car near the big bags of mulch, it's because you've already paid for them inside and want a helper to load them into your car. We do not have any posted signs of curbside service anywhere. Unfortunately, someone was seeing imaginary things.

(Partially relayed to me): A woman parked her car on the side of the building by the sheds and playground sets for about 20 minutes. After not getting any service she reversed her car to park by the mulch. This person had to flag down a walk-in customer that she needed help, so the walk-in customer says to my coworker Jen that another customer needed help. Already I found something odd that a customer has to relay a message from another customer. So Jen goes out to help, then comes back in with cash. The woman in the car had three sleeping kids and didn't want to wake them up, so she wanted one of us to come out and get mulch for her. Jen ended up doing it, didn't take any made-up service fee or anything, but we were all dumbfounded of it.

After she left, Tony (a helper), Jen and I were talking about it, saying how we wish we could go to the local grocery store, wave a $20 bill in the air and ask for bread, milk, eggs, soup, etc. I said I should have gone out there, poked my head in the window of the car, then got the kids riled up by saying loudly, "HEY KIDS! DO YOU WANT ICE CREAM OR MCDONALD'S???"

Tony outdoes me by suggesting he poke his head in the car window, shake one of the kid's cheeks and yells loudly enough to wake them up, "AWWW WOOK HOW CWUTESY WOOTSEY THOSE KIDS ARE SWEEPIN LIKE D'AT.. ... ...Ok M'am, now that they're awake, you can park your car and come in to shop.."

Can you just imagine the screaming that would follow? And I don't mean from the kids...
    Some people just need a high five...

In the face with the back of a chair....

Comment

Working...
    X