This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• me being a jerk and enjoying it - smartass self sighting

Heh. I finally received my first "hate" message on tumblr. Two of them actually.

Cos I posted what I thought about a tv character (explaining why I disliked the character) and... apparently two others didn't agree. They "ordered" me to remove the character's name from the tags cos they didn't want to see it.

so how does me being a smart ass fit in?
    I thought about replying back, telling them to stuff it, or that "thank you for your opinion and now I'll do whatever I want anyway" but... why feed the beasts with more, right?

Instead, I went to their reposts and clicked "like".
    and to add salt to the wound, I went ahead and "liked" every post they made bitching about me too.

cos... their irrational hatred amused me.
    Last edited by PepperElf; 07-19-2013, 11:35 PM.

Isn't it hilarious? I wished a Merry Christmas to the last person that posted hate on my deviantart.
    Now would be a good time to visit So Very Unofficial!

"I've had so many nasty customers this week, my bottomless pit is now ankle-deep."-Me.

Comment

This gives me a great idea. I sometimes comment on stories on the newspaper's website. A lot of the other regular commenters are not only on the opposite end of the political spectrum from me, many of them are also very bigoted and snarky. So next time someone snarks back at a comment I post, I'll just reply with something sickeningly sweet and benign. That should be interesting...
      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth Shironu-Akaineko View Post
        Isn't it hilarious? I wished a Merry Christmas to the last person that posted hate on my deviantart.
        That's pretty much what I'm doing.

Hell, even when one of them tried using my username in a hashtag to spew hate about me... Although their post was technically "bullying", I didn't report it. Hell I laughed a lot and clicked "like" on that one too. Not sure why (if it was my "like" or if someone else reported them) but that post didn't stay up very long.

so yeah liking & laughing seems to work well
        Last edited by PepperElf; 07-20-2013, 01:52 AM.

Comment

*snerk* I love people who think they can dictate what to do online, especially places like Facebook and Tumblr.

I'm sure they're loving your revenge.
          Random conversation:
          Me: Okay..so I think I get why Zoro wears a bandana
          DDD: Cuz it's cool

So, by using the Doctor's reasoning, bow ties, fezzes and bandanas are cool.

Comment

This is one reason I don't get into social media apart from Twitter. Because I don't know that I'd be able to contain myself from letting idiots like that have it with both barrels.
            PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

I thought about that but... I figured it would just make them act even stupider, giving them the fight they wanted.
              or - even worse - give them a chance to claim that I was abusing them etc.

I'd much rather ... just confuse the fuck out of them.
              it's worked so far.

Although looking back... I'm kinda glad I didn't talk back to them for another reason too. I skimmed over both girls' posts and apparently ANY time someone dislikes their fav character, they instantly jump on the "OMG you just say that because she's <race>!" bandwagon.

At that point, I rather doubt they'd believe anything other than their own stereotype - their irrational belief that anyone could possibly dislike a character based on behavior rather than behavior.

Kinda like the saying "you can't fix stupid"
              Last edited by PepperElf; 07-22-2013, 05:50 PM.

Comment

Ah, I love the irrational idiots who act like tagging your hate is the worst thing ever.

I shall have to try that approach the next time someone's a dick to me on Tumblr.
                "And so all the night-tide, I lie down by the side of my darling, my darling, my life and my bride!"
                "Hallo elskan min/Trui ekki hvad timinn lidur"
                Amayis is my wifey

Comment

Quoth fma_fanatic View Post
                  *snerk* I love people who think they can dictate what to do online, especially places like Facebook and Tumblr.

I'm sure they're loving your revenge.
                  *raps cane on the ground* Let me tell ya'll how it was years ago back when I was a youngun your age . . .

Years ago, these folks were doing that via personal websites and fan email lists.

Of course, doing that crap on an email list would get you kicked off, too. Listmasters could simply ban your email address.

Of course, some folks would try to do it "off list" as well. Learned that really quick, as well as deciding to share my fanfic stories via my own personal website as opposed to publishing hardcover when it was suggested to me that I change how old two main characters were.

Not happening . . . besides it making it a bit more scandalous, it would have cancelled out at least 2 of my sequels. Thanks, but no thanks, I'll go my way. They are entitled to their opinion, but I'm writing my stories MY way and if you feel so uncomfortable, then that's your problem - not mine.

On a personal website, the webmaster (or mistress whichever the case may be) has the option to delete such rantings.

Or leave them up there and post their own rebuttal.

Now they're doing it via social media . . . not much difference between the two is there?

There will always be detractors - sure as there are mosquitoes in the world.
                  Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

of course i can't lie... it's also fun to ignore their orders (I won't call it "disobey" because they have no authority to make me obey in the first place) just because it pisses them off.

Kinda like telling someone "don't do that" ... and they go ahead and do it more specifically because they were told not to. (unless of course it's a polite request - as I said before those I respect)
                    Last edited by PepperElf; 07-30-2013, 12:32 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X