This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• semi self sighting...

seeing this comic reminded me about an incident that could of turned me into an SC (but didn't), especially when I saw the near look of fear in their eyes.

I had gone to walmart to buy some new glass kitchen casserole set (9x13, 9x9, round casserole dish). I picked up a decent set for a decent price, and walked to go pay. the box looked undamaged (tiny minor dent in the corner), but when I set it on the counter to check out I heard a rattly glass sound. I asked the cashier if I could open the box to make sure nothing was broken, and saw the look of fear/panic like I'd demand a discount if broken/chipped.

Minor chip on the underside of the 9x13 dish on the handle, everything else was fine. he asked if it was ok (I had stepped aside to let another customer ring up ahead of me), asked me 2 more times if I was sure I wanted the set since there was a minor problem on it.

bought the thing as is, no asking for discount or demanding he/manager get me a replacement, though I could of easily. I think I almost saw a tear of happiness.
    It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.
Working...
X