This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No, cant ship that...

So I got back to the office and heard a couple of the guys talking about a customer. About four months ago he tried to ship a animal head to be taxidermied...while it was dripping.

Next there was the box of steaks that had started to thaw.

Then the cheese that would have been green.

Today however apparently he brought in a moving clucking chicken. Now I know we ship chicks but they are in special boxes and can only be shipped from certain licensed places.

I thought if it fits, it ships.
    Last edited by catcul; 07-22-2013, 10:03 PM.
    This site proves Corey Taylor right. Man really is a "four letter word."

I'm now using my Deviant Art page to post my humor.

Comment

Well, considering the content of the story, I'm just glad my first interpretation of "ship" was incorrect. (as in fanfic ships) heh.

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
        Well, considering the content of the story, I'm just glad my first interpretation of "ship" was incorrect. (as in fanfic ships) heh.

"My darling," said Charlie the Horse's head, "I love you dearly, but alas, it will never work..."

"Oh, Charlie," she clucked, fluffing her feathers seductively, "we can make it work! All we need is love!"

As she wrapped her wings around him, the door burst open.

"Camilla!" cried a high-pitched, nasally voice. "How could you!"

It was Gonzo the Great, his eyes bulging, his hooked nose quivering with anger....

*** OK, I'm getting carried away here, and who wants Muppet fic, anyway?
        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
          *** OK, I'm getting carried away here, and who wants Muppet fic, anyway?
          according to Fanfiction.com ... 97 people apparently.

but to get back on topic... i know there's ways to ship live animals. but this sounds more like he just thought he'd toss a usps/ups/fedex label on a regular box and that would somehow qualify for proper shipping?
          Last edited by PepperElf; 07-22-2013, 10:42 PM.

Comment

No three of the boxes were flat rate boxes.

Comment

for live chickens?
              or for the drippy animal, moldy cheese, and the thawing meat?

at any rate it sounds like this customer has no idea what "shipping regulations" are.

Comment

I had a customer once who wanted to place an ad to sell diesel fuel. Sounded like an old lady. I asked her for some details and she told me some guy she knew had "set her up" to make some money this way. Riiiight....I asked how customers would receive the fuel. She said through the mail. I said I don't think you can send that through the mail. She called back later and said it would be delivered by UPS. By then I had done some research and told her that wasn't legal, either. Seems her "friend" had gotten some money off of her by promising to help her set up a mail order diesel business.
                When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I had gotten pigeons shipped by mail before. It has to be overnighted, be in a special USPS approved box, can only go from major post office to major post office and can't be during too hot or too cold weather.

Comment

Working...
                  X