This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible Self-Sighting (Pizza!)

This was something I was thinking about and I am wondering on what you guys think about it.

Anyway, I ordered a pizza that was something like 8 dollars for a large at a local chain that is spread out among 20 states or so (some of those states have less than 5 locations though). Around here in my area, we have about 20 locations within 10 minutes. I do not carry cash on me at all.

I order frequently from the one next to the hospital, one down the road from my friend's house, one south of my house on the way to the boyfriend's house, and one down the street from my high school where a bunch of people that I went to school work the night shift. The one on the way to my boyfriend's house may recognize me and the one I had frequented the most knew me because I would come in at night and at one or two former classmates would be working.

Well, I ordered one day in the afternoon the 8 dollar pizza special they were having. Unfortunately, I go in and they ask for an ID. This is something none of the locations have ever done before including this one. I tell them I don't have my ID and they refuse to sell me the pizza. I point out that I come here a lot and I've had zero requests in the past to show an ID. They then tell me that it is a new corporate policy (they state corporate) multiple times.

So I go to Subway across the street and then write a letter to the manager complaining about the new policy. They say that they have issues with people stealing credit cards and blah blah blah. I tell him okay, I was just letting him know I am not shopping there again.

To this day, I've gone to the other locations multiple times and had zero issues with using my credit card and have never been asked for an ID. I would have understood if it was something like a 25 dollar order or an online order, but this was an 8 dollar pizza. I will not go back to that particular location. I ordered from that spot about once a month so I am not that large of a spender.Now, I'll drive a little bit further to go to the other location. It's a bit cleaner in my opinion anyway.

If your card is signed, I would suggest contacting your credit card provider and discussing the pizza parlor's policy with them.

Comment

It is signed. I don't know if they will actually do something.

Comment

Around here we have several places that ask for id on all cc purchases because of theft. Their sister stores don't ask but they don't have the same problem.

On one of the pizza doors there is a sign that is along the lines of

"We ask for ID to
        save you the hassle
        of reporting
        FRAUDULENT charges.

Thank you"

Comment

If only one store is doing it, I suspect that either it's not Corporate, or the other stores aren't taking it seriously. From what I've heard, tho, CC companies actively discourage asking for ID, for what I'm certain are completely legit and honorable reasons and nothing to do with the likelihood that "No ID" probably makes it easier for them to win in cases of disputed charges...

Asking for ID on an $8 charge is kinda punk tho ~_~ On a $25 order, sure.
          "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
          "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
          Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
          "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

I think these ones do it cause they are the ones loosing the money. Not the consumer or the banks. And a couple if these places really can't afford to loose out cause someone out there is being a thief.

Comment

Working...
            X