This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Empty storefront is... empty?

My local Wawa closed last week. I am in mourning. I could walk to that Wawa, it was perfect. (Everyone got transferred to other locations, luckily!)

They took down everything in less than 12 hours. There's no signage anywhere. I'm actually kinda impressed how quickly they took it all down.

As we drove by it today, I saw a lady walking back to her car after trying (and clearly failing) to go purchase whatever it was she wanted at Wawa.

I wonder how many other people have done that already....

I can see the customer complaints now...

"YOUR SIGN SAYS YOU'RE OPEN 24 HOURS! I WENT THERE THIS MORNING AND THE STORE WAS CLOSED -- NO LIGHTS, NO PEOPLE, NO BASKETS, NO NOTHING! THIS IS ILLEGAL! I'LL SUE! i BANGED ON THOSE DOORS FOR HALF AN HOUR! I DEMAND TO BE COMPENSATED FOR MY TIME AND GAS!"
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Didn't someone have a post here a while ago (maybe a year or more) about watching some idiot banging on the door of a store that had moved its entire operation to a location across the street...? The windows were papered over and everything...

Seriously, what the hell is wrong with people?
      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
        Seriously, what the hell is wrong with people?
        I...I see stupid people...And they don't even know they're stupid!
        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

My husband tried to pick up his own prescription once. Aww... I didn't hear my phone, but the voice mail: "I went to CVS and it's gone! They moved! I don't know where it is!"

This annoyed me because:
          1. They had moved several months before
          2. He had to drive past the new location frequently
          3. He had to drive past it on his way home from the old one.

He remained clueless. When I explained that it was right there, he was angry with me because how was he supposed to know? I mean, just because he had driven past it a hundred times and the sign was 10 feet tall didn't mean he should have had the slightest inking of where it was. Gosh!
          Women can do anything men can.
          But we don't because lots of it's disgusting.
          Maxine

Comment

Quoth Sparky View Post
            "I went to CVS and it's gone! They moved! I don't know where it is!"
            How many roads must a man drive down... before he admits he is lost?
            I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
            Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
            Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

"Hey Lady, the Chemical Bank branch moved down the street. This location hasn't been open for years."
              "Oh dear..."

Comment

Quoth mikoyan29 View Post
                "Hey Lady, the Chemical Bank branch moved down the street. This location hasn't been open for years."
                "Oh dear..."
                I have always had the giggles over their name. What do you do, bring in a bottle of reagent grade acetic acid and exchange it for some anhydrous ammonia?

[Back in my university days after I moved out and got my own flat I lived near a branch of Chemical Bank and used to smoke a fair amount of weed on weekends]
                EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

I know that one! The answer is Forty-Two.
                  PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Thank you!
                    Women can do anything men can.
                    But we don't because lots of it's disgusting.
                    Maxine

Comment

I would be upset as well. I love living where things are walkable. A Wawa loss would suck. They have everything! EVERYTHING!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X