Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Really? You're just going to rip my phone out of my hand?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Really? You're just going to rip my phone out of my hand?

This is kinda long but it frustrated me so much when it happened on Monday that I just had to get it out.

Russian registration woman - RRW
    Models - Two of them
    Me

Background - RRW's coworker asked me from time to time if I could help them at the door having people sign release forms and helping them with the QR codes since I have an app on my phone. Surprisingly, many people as in almost all of them except very few, didn't have a QR code app and some didn't know what it was. RRW's coworker knew I was using my own personal phone. RRW on the other hand had never asked me to help but she knew who I was and that I was periodically helping them when things got a little backed up. RRW was the one mainly doing the QR code help but she was literally doing it all by herself with her coworker working the computer that was receiving in the registration info from the QR codes and other stuff. She would bounce back and forth helping RRW with her own phone. I don't think RRW knew I had the app on my phone, I think she thought I was using her coworkers'. This is where she messes up and confusion ensues. /background

This really took a lot for me not to explode on this woman. Monday I was at an all day event where most of the people were Russian, this is important. The place was at a photography studio that's 3000 square ft. The parking lot was small, but people would walk up, register there and come inside the studio. There was a ton of models that showed up throughout the day but it was at a moderate consistent pace. About 85-90% of them were Russian who were bilingual and the rest were English speaking mixed ethnicities from around the city. Then there was some people from the Russian photography industry. I was there mainly as a guest invited by the promoter (who isn't Russian) as VIP but we would help people sign in along with two other women. One of them being RRW. Periodically I was helping some register using a QR code. For the most part, I was mainly inside watching the shoot the whole day. The important thing with the languages is that the two models and the women registering spoke perfect English.

I let some of the models that past through use my phone since I had a barcode app and already had the link to the event in the apps history. At most I let about 6 or 7 models use my phone out of about 200 of them that past through the doors. Reason being is that as soon as the promoter and I would get people to fill out the release forms, RRW would swoop in and get people to do the QR code. Thing is people would show up in groups and she's just bouncing around. That shows how many people RRW and her coworker were registering on two smartphones. I was helping two models who looked to be in their 20's and one was having a problem because the wifi connection started to lag as soon as she clicked submit. She shows me and I try to help her. She's telling me my phone sucks which it absolutely doesn't. It's a Droid DNA and is one of HTC's best phones with many places giving it either 4 or a perfect 5 stars from hundreds of reviews. If she knew anything about technology she'd know that sometimes things like a webpage having a hiccup can happen. Anyways RRW walks up, says something in Russian real quick to one of the models then ripped my phone out of my hands. I'm assuming she asked the model what was wrong and I'm thinking she responded it wasn't working. Anyways RRW asked what was I doing when she looked at the screen and the webpage had failed making you have to reload. I went to take my phone back and she turned to the side. I told her give me back my phone and she flat out told me it wasn't mine. I told her that it was a $700 phone and to give it back, she refused again and got real stern with me as if she was about to get to the bottom of the situation and get me kicked out or something for trying to steal my own damn phone. I didn't pay that much because of my contract but anyways, I'm standing there stunned because I wanted to knock her out so bad. If she was a man it would've been a fist fight. The only reason I could think of that she would even claim it wasn't mine is that they were using two other phones, but one was hers and the other was the other lady registering with her.

The two models (who came off as extremely stuck up, many weren't btw) claimed I was trying to steal the phone. Now I'm getting real pissed off. One said that RRW handed it to her then she handed it to the other to register. That was a bold faced lie because my phone went from my pocket to one of the models so at least one of them knew I handed one of them my phone. Before handing it to one of them, they saw me open up the app and then give it to them. I just think those two stuck up bitches were so full of themselves that they weren't really even acknowledging my presence. When the one model said I was trying to steal my own phone, she was mixing Russian and English. She did it in a way where she said that I was trying to steal the phone in English but rifled off the rest of what she was talking about in Russian. Basically she said in English what she wanted me to hear and the rest I have no clue what they were saying about me.

RRW is now standing there with me, the two models and the promoter who knows that the phone is mine. He didn't say much because he said he knew it was mine and that he'd make sure they wouldn't get away with their obliviousness and mistake. I told RRW I could prove it was my phone because of the screen lock pattern, my phone number and just personal details on the phone. She walks off with my shit for about 30 secs playing with the screen as she goes. The models then started talking in Russian to each other and looking at me like I had some nerve trying to take who I'm assuming RRW coworkers phone. RRW talks to the other lady who was working with her and says something in Russian. After the 30 secs she comes back and hands me my phone w/o one single word. She didn't say anything just gave it back, no apology and goes back inside. I look at the two models and make sure they see me putting MY phone in my pocket, they just stand there not saying a word waiting for their name to be called to go inside. They even stopped talking to each other because I was looking at them in disgust after trying to help their stupid asses. After all that shit they gave me, when they saw they were completely and absolutely the wrong ones, all 3 bitches shut up real quick. BTW my phone has a Otter Box case and RRW and her coworker had Samsung Galaxies Note I or II's with no cases...

EDIT: Forgot to add a TL;DR - Basically I was a VIP guest of an events promotor/friend. One of the women at the door periodically asked me if I could help her and coworker get people signed in. The promotor is only helping sign in cause he wanted to but didn't have to at all; neither did I. I oblige with my own personal smartphone since I have a barcode app. Her overzealous coworker literally rips my phone away from my hands and won't give it back when one of the models is having a problem submitting. Her and two models get silenced by their own arrogance and stupidity.
    Last edited by Willis; 07-31-2013, 07:42 PM.

Should have told them that their thoughts and actions towards you over stealing your own phone have made them the ugliest least desirable women you've ever had the chance to encounter. If they were the type of stuck up models I've seen before...it might make them think, cry, or both.

Comment

arrrg! What bitches! And worst part is, I'm guessing none of the nice ones in the crowd got the benefit of your generosity after this incident.

Comment

Not a phone but I had a coworker try to do that for some of my tools once. Eventually I did lose the tool but when I got a new one I ordered it with my name engraved on the side.

And... for having to deal with bitches like that I offer you this:

Comment

Quoth Aethian View Post
          Should have told them that their thoughts and actions towards you over stealing your own phone have made them the ugliest least desirable women you've ever had the chance to encounter. If they were the type of stuck up models I've seen before...it might make them think, cry, or both.
          These two weren't going to cry or feel sorry over something like that. They were really gorgeous on the outside but ugly people on the inside. You could tell when RRW went to talk to her coworker how they were looking down at me while knowing I had no idea what they were saying. I was kinda satisfied when they STFU after RRW just gave me back my phone while STFU herself. Thankfully pretty much all of the other models who looked just as good if not better were nice and approachable.

Quoth sms001 View Post
          arrrg! What bitches! And worst part is, I'm guessing none of the nice ones in the crowd got the benefit of your generosity after this incident.
          You hit the nail on the head reading my mind the moment she gave me back my phone. The exact thought was "I'm not F'in letting anyone else touch my phone and I'm not doing it for them either." So whenever people after those two needed help with QR codes, I didn't step up to help them with it, I just let RRW run around and do it all by herself. Even the big groups. Her coworker was trying to help take the load off of her by having me help both her and RRW. After that incident I didn't bother helping much at all. Just did a few release forms, said F it and drifted back inside or did whatever I wanted because I didn't have to help in the first place. I was a vip guest of the promoter and just helped cause I'm a nice guy like that. RRW's coworker indirectly apologized at the end of the night about the incident using that fact that it was busy as a excuse so I ended up have way more respect for her. RRW was the type that seems like she can work under pressure, on her own and has her own strict system. It was only 4 easy steps. They sign a release form, a photographer snaps their pic on a red carpet, they snap the QR code on their phone if they have an app for it and get their wristband/enter. Took a few minutes tops per person. Anyways when anyone else like me tries to help her, since I was asked to, she had a way that made you think she thought you didn't know what you were doing. I absolutely knew what I was doing with a simple QR code. Snap QR code pic, site link pops up tap it, enter name, email, phone # then submit. Whatever. Situations like this make me not want to help some people, ingrates and selfish ones included.

Comment

What's the Russian for "Yer pappy serviced his own livestock. Thet's why yer such a moo-moo." ?
            I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
            Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
            Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Vash otets spit s korovami. Vot pochemu vy tak zhira. That's the closest that having a Russian (ex)girlfriend will get me.

Comment

Another nice curse in Russian is Yob tvoyu maht.

Comment

Quoth Barracuda View Post
                  Another nice curse in Russian is Yob tvoyu maht.
                  And using it in this situation would imply that the stuck-up bitches were lesbians. No, I don't speak Russian, but I do read Tom Clancy novels.
                  Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

and i forgot to add in... Perhaps this would be a good Russian phrase to use too. no I don't know how to pronounce it:

Выйдите.

Russian for "get out" cos... if they're low enough to try to take your phone and LIE when you try to get it back, then they don't deserve to even be in that venue. Cos they sound like they were thinking, "We're models so we're above you! We'll take what we want!" And if there's one thing I've learned from living with a photographer... there's a lot of models out there, and the single one criteria for being a model is pretty much saying "I'm a model". How successful they are will of course vary, but ... no one likes working with someone who's stuck up.

And those two girls sound like they're extremely stuck up. ... which makes me wonder how many photogs and MUAs actually want to work with them more than once.

Comment

Piece of advice... If you kick someone in the knee, they're usually sufficiently distracted that you can take something out of their hands. Like, your phone.

Just sayin'.

Comment

Working...
                      X