This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The harpies

My husband was at Tim Horton's the other day. He was kind enough to stop and grab me a coffee on his way home from work. The second he's in the door, he knows its going to be a long wait. The line is huge, and they appear to be understaffed. The three kids they've got behind the counter are working their butts off, but everyone seems to be ordering sandwiches and stuff, so everything's taking twice as long as it normally would. He thinks to himself, no big deal, I'll just wait.

The two harpies in front of him did not have this attitude. They spent the ENTIRE time in line bitching about how long it was taking. They blamed the wait squarely on the poor staff members behind the counter, who in my husband's words "were really hauling ass" to get the line down.

Here's the kicker. They get to the front of the line, and when the girl asks for their order, they DON'T KNOW WHAT THEY WANT. They haven't looked at the menu. They spent the entire ten minutes in line bitching and moaning about the wait, and then as soon as its their turn, they hold up the entire line another five minutes deciding on what they want.

My husband couldn't stand it, it was so frickin' ridiculous, he started to laugh out loud. And then everyone else who had been forced to listen to these women started to laugh.
    The harpies started to glare at him, because they knew he was laughing at them, but he's pretty sure that they had no idea why.

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

I love it... they bitch about the line being held up but lack the common sense to figure out what they want before they ugh finally (you know they said it with that valley girl OMG kinda tude) got to the front of the line.
    I know I'm laughing but it's really not funny. - Me
    "I was in the hall. I know, because I was there." - Clue

Comment

That has happened to me so many times. People come up to the bar and complain about how long they have been waiting, I ask what they would like and I am greeted with "Ohhhhh, ummmm, let me see now, ummmmmmmmm" *turns to friend* "Do you know what you want? Do you have a menu?"

So now I ALWAYS make sure I know what I want before I order, because it is so infuriating!

Comment

Well the reason they don't know what they want, is because they spent the whole time in line bitching. Way more important than looking at the menu.

Comment

Same kind of people who cut you off at the toll gate, then don't have their money ready.
          Labor boards have info on local laws for free
          HR believes the first person in the door
          Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
          Document everything
          CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Working...
          X