This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth KellyHabersham View Post
    Personally, I consider dogs to be the best vaccum.....seems to be nothing they won't eat. (or at least try to)
    Garbage disposals, that's what the dogs are good for. They'll pre-clean dishes. If you're lucky, they'll wait for you to finish eating first, but that's a rare thing.

My vacuum isn't that high end. It's a eureka, good enough for what I put the carpet through. I do so want a Dyson, but right now, it's not in budget and when it is, I probably won't have the carpet any more.
    If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

Quoth KellyHabersham View Post
      Personally, I consider dogs to be the best vaccum.....seems to be nothing they won't eat. (or at least try to)
      So true! Danny (our male Weimaraner) even tried to drink my paintbrush water the other day. He's like a Labrador; tries to eat everything.

We have an upright Dyson too and I love that I can order parts for it off the website. Our brushbar died and I was able to replace it, easily, within 3 days of ordering the new part.
      Don't tempt pixies, it never ends well.

Avatar created by the lovely Eisa.

Comment

Love my Dyson, think it's a DC25. Got it to deal with my hair which sheds like any cat or dog in moulting season and it does a wonderful job. If you buy one, test yor old vacuum first by using it on a rug. Then run the Dyson over it and see how much more crud it gets up than your old cleaner. I was amazed

Comment

Quoth muppet101 View Post
          Love my Dyson, think it's a DC25. Got it to deal with my hair which sheds like any cat or dog in moulting season and it does a wonderful job. If you buy one, test yor old vacuum first by using it on a rug. Then run the Dyson over it and see how much more crud it gets up than your old cleaner. I was amazed
          It's a huge difference to be sure. Another thing I noticed the first time I used mine is that there is more freedom of movement because of the ball under the canister - typical vacuums are harder to turn around sharp corners and furniture.

But it didn't take me long to adjust to it at all . . . and I also like how the extender wand stores inside the hose on the back - comes in handy when I have to get into crevices behind furniture or along the baseboards where the carpet runs into the wall.
          Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

I swear shedding season for my dog is Winter, Spring, Summer and Fall. We could make an extra rug with all the fur she sheds. I may have to look into one of those Dysons. The vacuum cleaner I have now isn't bad, but it's pre dog and doesn't do such a good job with getting the fur up.
            Question authority, but raise your hand first. -Alan M. Bershowitz

Comment

Quoth LillFilly View Post
              This, the Shark Navigator, IS THE BEST VACUUM I'VE EVER BOUGHT!
              I have a Shark Navigator too, and it's quite good. Much, much better than the previous vacuum (I think that was a Eureka, can't remember). It's the best vacuum I've ever bought, too.

I'm hoping to eventually get a house with hard floors, but I'll still use the vacuum for the upholstery.
              I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
              My LiveJournal
              A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
                And it'll come in handy this holiday season to suck up possible glitterbombs.
                *whistles innocently*
                Quoth raudf View Post
                Garbage disposals, that's what the dogs are good for. They'll pre-clean dishes.
                Indeed. I have a friend who used to insist that dishes thus "pre-cleaned" did not need to be actually washed after that before being used by humans >_> I just waited until he was out of the room to pop them into the sink/dishwasher. His theory was an extension of the adage that "dogs have fewer bacteria in their mouths than humans do" -- and while this is true, that only matters if they don't contain any bacteria that a human's body would not also have.
                "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth raudf View Post
                  Garbage disposals, that's what the dogs are good for.
                  A former coworker would feed his uncle's dog crayons...

Dog doo with sprinkles!

Now add glitter...
                  I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                  Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                  Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Working...
                  X