This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank you, Captain Obvious: A quickie, non-sucktastical sighting

I was in the freezer section of Wal-Mart the other night shopping with the pastor's wife (she actually heard all this, I didn't know about it.) We were there around eleven PM and she heard someone over the intercom say something about grocery stockers, go to so-and-so door, grab a pallet jack, blah blah. So there's pallets being wheeled around everywhere (it reminded me of a grocery store musical number) and boxes are being tossed out onto the side of the aisles. A couple have already begun stocking the frozen pizzas and as we're coming down the aisle, a woman passes us and says, "What are they doing, stocking or something? What's all these boxes for??"

Head, meet desk.
    "several million years for a monkey to turn into a man. oh wait thats right. monkeys dont live several million years."
    -FSTDT

Argh, I hate it when people feel they have to state the obvious. -__- Remember a Saturday girl at the garden centre was master of the obvious; like, you'd walk into work soaking wet and she'd go "Is it raining?" X_x
    People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
    My DeviantArt.

Comment

About 20 years ago the back parking lot of the Rushmore Mall flooded. A sh*t load of rain + 2 drains for the entire parking lot = deep water. My sister worked up at the Mall and called Dad about the rising water and could he come up and check on Mom's car. So I hop in the truck with Dad, he didn't believe that there would be much water but whoa! the whole parking lot was a lake. I got to wade through the water to see how Mom's car was - it was flooded inside like most of the cars there.

I then went into the Mall to let my sister know the car was totaled, the insurance company writes off flood cars, I walked through the Mall and people are just staring at me. Okay, I'm 5'9" and I'm wet up to my arm pits, which might tell you how deep it was out there. You would think people would ask what happened. Nope, not one.

Plus get this, the Mall didn't even announce the back parking lot was flooding. There were a couple of cars out there that were low enough that only the roof was showing - no windows at all. The tv and newspapers didn't even report it. There had to be at least 50 cars flooded out and nothing at all reported. The tow trucks made out like bandits.
      Figers are vicious I tell ya. They crawl up your leg and steal your belly button lint.

I'm a case study.

Comment

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
        Remember a Saturday girl at the garden centre was master of the obvious; like, you'd walk into work soaking wet and she'd go "Is it raining?" X_x
        I wonder what Bill Engvall ("Here's Your Sign") would have told her
        Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
          "Nope, found a puddle in the parking lot and thought I'd go swimming....here's your sign."
          "The things that I remember best - those are the things I wasn't supposed to do…."

I'm coming back as a Schooner Wharf Bar dog.

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
            Nope, they were having a wet t-shirt contest in the parking lot and I won! Here's your sign.
            I don't go in for ancient wisdom
            I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
            It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
              Nope. A big bird flew overhead that had a kidney problem. Here's your sign
              Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Ok, DGoddess made me gag on my cookie.
                ...how do used tampons attract thieves? ---Sleepwalker

Chickens are Asexual!

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
                  Nope, they were having a wet t-shirt contest in the parking lot and I won! Here's your sign.
                  Ooooh, I'm so totally going to have to steal that one!!!!!!!!!!!!
                  Unseen but seeing
                  oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                  There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                  3rd shift needs love, too
                  RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
                  X