This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nickel Arcade

Ok, my friend works at an arcade that takes nickels. One day after putting up with pain in the ass customers as one usually does at an arcade, one of his coworkers glued nickels to the floor. At one point there was a family of about 10 trying to pick one of the nickels up off the floor, they even took turns. Eventually one of them said "'Ey, I have a toothpick! Let's try this," and tried to pry it off the floor, to this day, there are still nickels glued to the floor here and there.
    Last edited by Rapscallion; 04-16-2007, 06:56 AM.
    Pretend there's something here that sounds insightful, but is really just some pseudo-intellectual bull.

That reminds me of the scene in Empire Records where the guy glues quarters to the floor...ah, I love that movie.
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

I love that part of the movie! And that kid just keeps trying to pick it up...

Comment

I saw a ten-pence piece that was welded to the pavement outside a sheet metal workshop. This was back in the days when ten pence was worth far more than it is now.

Yes, I did scuff my shoes trying...

Rapscallion

Comment

When my brother went to university, he lived in a flat with a big porch that faced a main walking route to the campus. One of his flatmates glued a $1 coin to the pavement in front of the porch, and on their free days they would sit outside and watch people try to pick it up....

then yell "SCABBBBBB!!!!!" and scare the bejezzus out of them... what a bugger!
          I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

Working...
          X