This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It shouldn't have broke!

I went to the hardware store earlier today. It's our little dinky hardware store and not a big chain. One cash register, one employee on duty.

I had my items and went to pay. I was third in line. The cashier rang out the first customer, then the fecal matter contacted the rotary oscillator. The guy in front of me pulled a hammer out of a bag. The handle was broken in two. This is what ensued:

ME:
    SC: broken hammer guy
    CA: cashier

SC: I want a new hammer. This one was bad. I got it this morning.

CA: Yes sir. Were you using it when it broke?

SC: That don't matter. It broke and I want a new one. It was defective.

CA: I have to put something on the return slip sir.

SC: I was breaking up my sidewalk. It's a damn hammer, it shouldn't have broke.

ME: (outloud)

SC: (turns to me) What are you laughing about?

ME: You used a one pound claw hammer to try to bust up a sidewalk?

SC: Yea, what's wrong with that?

CA: You should have gotten a sledge for that sir. I can't give you a new one because you didn't want to get the proper tool for the job.

SC: It's a damn hammer! I was pounding with it! What makes a difference what I was hitting with it.

CA: A one pound claw hammer is meant to drive nails into wood, not break up concrete. I'm sorry sir, but I can't give you a refund or a replacement. Have a nice day.

SC: I'm calling the cops! They'll get me my money back.

CA: That's fine sir. I'll be here all day.

ME: I'm going to hang around for a while too.

Broken hammer guy walked out mumbling incoherently. I looked at the cashier and we both broke out laughing. I hung around for about 45 minutes. The cashier told me a few stories about similar experiences and I gave him the URL for this site. Hopefully he'll join because a couple of the things he told me were hilariously sucky.
    Last edited by bigjimaz; 04-16-2007, 08:54 PM.
    This isn't an office. It's Hell with fluorescent lighting.

oooooooh, he'll use a screwdriver to scrape paint off the walls & bitch when THAT breaks...LOL.

Comment

Quoth Bright_Star View Post
      oooooooh, he'll use a screwdriver to scrape paint off the walls & bitch when THAT breaks...LOL.
      Actually, I see this "genius" using a plastic knife to scrape paint off the walls and then complaining when it breaks.
      Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

He's the same type of "genius" that my neighbors are..........using some kind of sledgehammer or other enormous tool to nail pictures (or dead bodies) to the wall.

They are going to have a great time explaining to the landlords a) why they broke the rules of the lease and hung up pictures and b) why they put enormous holes in the wall doing so (that and when the crackwhore throws people at the wall it makes holes as well).

Why would this idiot even think that a HAMMER could combat cement?!
        You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

What the hell? Ofcourse it is going to break.
          Under The Moon Paranormal Research
          San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

My dad's guilty of doing this sort of thing, I'm afraid. There was a time he installed a new towel rack, and it kept falling down. I noticed there weren't any holes in the wall, and asked him what he used to put it up. Glue. Yeah, that's not going to work.

Comment

Working...
            X