Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seems like the mother used her "offensiveness" as an excuse to walk out without paying. Kudos to the table for taking over the bill though

Comment

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay for them paying the bill AND leaving a 20% tip.

Booooooooooooooooooo for the adult themes and situations that led up to it.
      Unseen but seeing
      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
      3rd shift needs love, too
      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

First off, this topic is making me think of that South Park episode where Mr. Garrison is teaching kindergardners sex positions. Don't know why but it popped into my head.

Second, that kind of talk you make sure kids aren't around first. The best places to talk about that kind of stuff is in a car or at home. Good lord, sex is great but come on people!
        The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

I think if your out in a public place, you take your chances with what you see or hear.

That said, I cant stand children I dont know (if they misbehave or whatever) so if I go out to eat, I dont go to a mc donalds or burger king or even a family orientated resturant and carry on an adult conversation, I go to a bistro or bar or resturant.

Just like if I see a child at a bistro or adult orientated space, I expect them to act properly. Nothing worse than rugrats running around, interrupting me when Im with my other adult friends. If im paying $30 for my meal, I dont want to see junior running around screaming or listening in on my conversation.
          I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

Quoth Kiwi View Post
            I think if your out in a public place, you take your chances with what you see or hear.
            That's true, but conversely when you are in a public place, your behavior should reflect civilized mores. It's generally accepted that certain conversations aren't appropriate around children so the proper thing to do is not discuss those subjects in a public place where the kiddies are present.

Having said that, I think it was sucky of the woman in the OP to barge out without paying, and I give credit to the sex talkers in the OP for being chastened and changing their behavior.
            "Full price for gum?! That dog won't hunt, monsignor." - Philip J. Fry

Comment

Heaven forbid I tread on the sacred toes of motherhood, but... there are a hell of a lot of ways to defuse a situation when a kid overhears a dirty word. It's only dirty if you give it the power. If you don't want your kid saying it, don't let them know that it has power. Say "it's something they should really only be talking about in private", and leave it at that.

Saying a word is not a crime or a sin or even an ethical faux pas. Stomping out of a restaurant without paying is theft. Nobody forced her to do that, and the people who were speaking too loudly certainly weren't obligated to pay her bill. The irony is that at the end of the day, they're the ones who would be painted as inconsiderate young whippersnappers, and the mother and child would be the 'victims' of their dirty speech. But we can see from their actions who the decent human beings are in this story.

Comment

ITA with everything you said Witch_of_Endor. That poor child is going to grow up with some pretty big hang ups if this is the way the mother reacts all the time. And I don't think the mother and child were the victims at all either, and that other table proved they were excellent customers by taking care of a bill they didn't have to. ITA 100%

Comment

Working...
                X