Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who do you have in the cup? - GET OUT!

This happened earlier this week, to my coworker, as told to me by my boss:

Boss: Coworker wasn't allowed into (certain) customers house yesterday morning. He went and introduced himself, and she told him to get off her property, and never come back.
    Me: Why? Everybody loves him, what did he do?
    Boss: He was wearing his Sens hat. She's a leafs fan. She called me to complain about him wearing that hat to her house, and how rude and disrespectful that was.
    Me: And he wouldn't take his hat off?
    Boss: Probably, but she wouldn't give him a chance. When she called I told her she could have her pick of supervisors, we've go two sens fans, one each for the flames, red wings and Canadians, and one guy who thinks hockey is for girls. She wouldn't believe me that we had none who were leafs fans, or that my promotion criteria doesn't include what sports teams people cheer for. Also we are going to 'lose all our business this way'.
    Me: But what about (coworker whose almost and occasional supervisor for small simple jobs), he's a leafs fan
    Boss: He's not going. She's a wingnut, she'd probably kill him with a shovel for having san Francisco in the superbowl this year. I don't think I'm going to send anyone back. And she's not getting her scheduling deposit back either!

I don't know if we will get away with keeping the $500 and not doing any work, and I don't know if boss will really not send anyone back (although he hasn't yet), but I'm pretty sure picking the crews who do the permanent expensive work on your home based on NHL team allegiance is probably not going to be the soundest financial move you could make.
    Pain and suffering are inevitable...misery is optional.

Well, I can tell you her first problem is that she's a Leafs fan...
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

I'm the Canadians fan he referred to. You'll notice I showed great restraint in leaving that one alone

Comment

I hope that when she contacts here lawyer about the refund that she will be laughed out of the office.

Blackhawks.
        Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
        Save the Ales!
        Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Nay lad it'll be Burnley this year foor t'Coop...

Oh....that Cup...
          The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Quoth NecessaryCatharsis View Post
            I don't know if we will get away with keeping the $500 and not doing any work
            well technically the deposit is a contract to perform work, you are willing to perform the work and made a good faith attempt at completing the work, but customer won't let you,so you aren't breaking the contract, so it's quite possible that legally your company is in the clear(IANAL)
            Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

I'm not sure how keeping the deposit works. We normally charge $500-$750 once the customer schedules, the deposit holds their date for the work. If we show up (or they call us the morning of) and the job isn't ready yet, it's usually too late for us to schedule other work so we add that amount to final bill (and we get a new contract signed before we go back). If they call within 24 hours to push us back, we reschedule and bill as originally agreed. If something happens the morning of (truck breaks down, crews call in sick) and we reschedule we deduct an amount equal to the deposit from the bill (ex. $5000 bill, less $500 deposit paid, less $500 deduction, customer owes $4000 upon completion).

The only times we've kept the deposit and not done any work the customer has changed their mind about wanting work done, and not cancelled within our cancellation period (2 business days before scheduled work), and we have even gone to court a few times and won on that one. This customer is willing for us to come do the work, she just wants us to send people that don't really exist at our company. Also she would need to sign a new contract for $500 more than originally agreed because the truck rolled and she wouldn't let them in. Times like this I'm glad I'm not in charge.

Comment

I think it's absolutely the height of superstition/wackiness to even have that much loyalty for a team of people who probably aren't from Toronto, anyway. Personally, I don't get sports loyalty at all.

That said, Go Habs!

Comment

Well if she does try to sue, I'm sure she'll find lots of Leaf fan lawyers. Lawyers just love supporting lost causes after all.

(A Sens fan here, when I bother to pay attention to the good ol' hockey game).

Comment

Hockey is for girls fan here.

As much as I still love my Deadskins, I wouldn't tell a guy to get out of my house because he waltzed in with a Cowboys hat.

Heck, one of my priests is a die hard Eagles fan . . . I don't hold it against him, he's a wonderful person otherwise.
                    They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Yeah, I wouldn't care much which team's hat a guy was wearing when he showed up at my place to do some repairs or whatever. He's welcome to root for whomever he wants to root for.

Now, if he chooses to be an asshole about his team's supposed superiority to my chosen team, that's when I'll say, "Y'know what? Get out."
                      PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

I used to live in Buffalo, and worked in an Aid of Rite in Lockport.

Everyone else in the pharmacy department was a die-hard Sabres fan (to the point that they hung a picture in the pharmacy of the Sabres' goalie, who was at the time (1996) quite unpopular with the fans, with devils horns and a goatee and pitchfork grafted on).

Bein' a Rangers fan in Sabres territory wasn't easy. They didn't hold it against me, though.

Comment

An Animagus. Don't know who, but they've got lots of legs.
                          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Wow this SC takes ribbing over sports teams way too far.
                            To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Red Wings!

(I don't have anything pertinent to add to this conversation. My hockey saturation levels are just low this time of year.)
                              My webcomic is called Sidekick Girl. Val's job is kinda like retail, except instead of corporate's dumb policies, it's the Hero Agency, and the SC's are trying to take over the world.

Comment

Working...
                              X